- Allen Park, MI
Established in 2009, CONTROLTEC LLC is a start-up technology-based company specializing in vehicle data acquisition systems & custom analysis software for the light and heavy-duty transportation industries. Our Vehicle Data Recorders record data in near real-time from the vehicle and upload the data via cellular from all over the US, Canada, Europe, South America, Africa, and Asia.
We are focused on acquiring innovative minds with a true passion for creativity and development - merging the worlds of information technology and engineering, data analysis and software development.
CONTROLTEC is seeking a hard working, knowledgeable and detail oriented Java Developer. This person will interact with software engineers and data analysts to ensure requirements are met.
The successful candidate will be team-oriented and able to take project from inception to completion with moderate direction. Positive attitude is essential.
- 5 years experience writing Java/J2EE code
- Working implementation and administration of relational databases (MySQL, Oracle)
- Responsible for designing and creating code in an Agile environment
- Maintain regular written communication on project status with team lead, project management, and executive management
- Troubleshoot production problems within assigned applications software
- Stay current in training of the latest software and computer technology
- Hold a Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent from a four-year college and four years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of both
We Are Looking For People Who…
- Are passionate about technology, software, and data
- Have the ability to see the “big picture” and understand how tasks interconnect and impact other tasks
- Have experience working with source code management tools in a shared code environment
- Welcome a challenge, enjoy the freedom to create and use their imagination
- Enjoy working in a high-energy, unstructured environment, possibly as part of a project team
Technical Skills Desired
- Have 2-5 years Java/J2EE Development, systems analysis and programming experience
- Proficient with database design, web services, web design, and object oriented programming
CONTROLTEC offers a comprehensive benefits package to full time, salaried employees, including but not limited to:
- Medical / Prescription, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Account
- 401(k) & company match
- Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Life Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Attire: Casual dress code
- Snacks: Healthy snacks and beverages are provided daily for all employees
- Discount on personal mobile phone service
- Flexible Work Environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.