Software Developer C/C++
- Allen Park, MI
Established in 2009, CONTROLTEC®, is a worldwide provider of telematics and analytics solutions currently serving the transportation industries in the light duty, heavy duty, agriculture, locomotive, and industrial sectors. CT® combines affordable information technology with comprehensive data acquisition to provide an enterprise solution for fleet management, product development and quality. More than 80% of US automotive OEMs have utilized our tools to deliver the speed, flexibility, reliability, cost savings and collaboration needed in today's environment.
The Software Developer will design, develop and maintain software applications for use in the automotive testing industry. You will be challenged to solve problems with cutting-edge technology and deliver the highest quality service to our customers. Creativity and self-motivation are essential for this role.
- Work as a member of a team designing and developing data acquisition and secure data exchange solutions for machine-to-machine applications.
- Develop software solutions from initial concept and requirements development through to production implementation and support.
- Software issue troubleshooting, problem solving, root cause analysis, etc.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Computer Science / Engineering
- Independent problem solving ability
- Experience in C/C++ application development
- Experience with build management tools (e.g. make) and GCC Compilers
- Experience with software design methodologies, such as V-Model, and latest software quality standards
- Experience in embedded applications development or automotive embedded development is preferred
- Knowledge of vehicle diagnostics and automotive networks, such as CAN, is preferred but not required
- Knowledge of Linux and Shell/Bash scripting is a plus
- Knowledge of relational databases (e.g. MySQL), schema design and query development is a plus
- Knowledge of socket communication, TCP/IP, SSL / TLS encryption is a plus
CONTROLTEC offers a comprehensive and industry leading benefits package. In addition we provide flexible work schedules, generous time off and an environment that promotes ingenuity and fun! To learn more about our company, our progressive culture and to apply online, visit our website at www.control-tec.com