- TX, TX
“CPS Energy is the Largest Municipally Owned Energy Company in the Nation Providing Both Gas and Electricity to San Antonio and surrounding communities. For over 80 years CPS Energy employees have provided for the energy needs of over 600,000 industrial, commercial and residential customers in the greater San Antonio, Texas area. We have a strong history of industry leading, financial performance, customer satisfaction, and participation in economic development, and community involvement.
Thanks to our status as a community-owned, not-for-profit energy utility and our diversified mix of fuels, we are able to provide our customers with reliable and more affordable energy services than many other companies.
We also offer a competitive compensation and benefits package with excellent career opportunities for both professional and personal growth.
Presently, CPS Energy is hiring for a Compensation Manager position.
See how CPS Energy can ~ work for you! “
The Compensation Manager provides leadership and management for the Compensation Department. Designs and develops compensation strategies, plans, programs and practices consistent with organizational goals. Develops systems, processes, policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws.
Designs, develops and implements a pay for performance system and tools to improve overall organizational effectiveness and objectives.
- Designs, develops and administers the Executive Compensation programs.
- Ensures that CPS Energy employees are paid competitively so that we can attract, retain and motivate employees.
- Completes internal and external equity analysis and makes appropriate recommendations to leadership.
- Manages, motivates and leads teams to maximize productivity and performance at a high level.
- Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelors degree in Human Resource Management or related field from an accredited university.
• 3 – 5 years management experience in compensation, performance management or related Human Resources function
• 5 - 7 years enterprise corporate compensation experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Package, including word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation software, electronic mail and scheduling
• Must have favorable driving record
• Valid Class C Texas Driver’s License
• PHR / SPHR - preferred
Employees must exhibit and adhere to all of our CPS Energy
1. Very important to this position are: accuracy, critical thinking, reading comprehension, active listening, speaking, judgment and decision making, writing, detail, monitoring, management of personnel resources.
2. Important to this position are: presentations, objectives, confidentiality.
- Directs the design, implementation and administration of compensation programs to include job evaluations, market salary surveys, salary administration and structure, incentive programs administration, meriting processes and metrics management.
- Continuously improves processes to ensure that the Compensation Department is viewed as value added and a critical function that is trusted and inspires confidence from our employees, management and senior leadership.
Core Behavioral Principles. The CPS Energy Behavioral Principles in line with this role are:
One Company Mindset
Focuses on our whole business, putting CPS Energy first, and looking beyond the interests of department, location, or individual
Reaches across organizational boundaries to share resources, form high performance teams, and produce results for CPS Energy
Standardizes on process, procedures and best practices
Metrics and Facts
Bases recommendations and actions on sound analysis, solid data, confirmed facts, and insights into root causes
Gauges success objectively, based on results (not activities), using numbers, facts, milestones, and external benchmarks
Flexibility, Adaptability and Dealing with Ambiguity
Adjusts or changes approach, style, course of action, priorities, etc. when circumstances require
Works independently and proactively to move forward without having all the desirable information, direction, or instructions
Stays the course to achieve agreed upon objectives, even in ambiguous and complex situations