Senior Oracle Systems Engineer
- Sierra Vista, AZ
Complete Professional Services (CPS) is a forward thinking women owned small business with extensive capabilities in systems development, integration, maintenance and support in the Federal Health Care and National Security Information Technology (IT) domains.
Complete Professional Services (CPS) is searching for an Oracle Systems Engineer – Senior, you will provide engineering support to the NETCOM, G-3/5 in providing Oracle Database engineering, test and evaluation, over-the-shoulder training, integration and sustainment support, configuration management, and life-cycle support of the Army Enterprise Services and Capabilities. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting CPS's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Provide system engineering and analysis support of the Oracle database for the Army enterprise architecture including installation, integration, maintenance and Tier III support.
- Evaluate the Oracle database architecture and provide recommended changes in processes, configuration, software, and hardware as needed.
- Configure and tune the High Availability (HA) features using Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC).
- Participate in technical working groups to identify issues and develop solutions for the Oracle Database system.
- Provide engineering support for the development and maintenance of engineering and related technical documentation.
- Install, configure, query, and administer Oracle.
- Provide technical recommendations for Oracle system optimization, upgrade, enhancement, and integration to include database hardware/software and storage capability associated with the database.
- Bachelor’s Degree with more than 4 years practical experience OR 12+ years of practical experience may be substituted in lieu of degree requirement.
- IT Level II requiring a National Agency Check with Local Agency Check and Credit Check (NACLC) in accordance with AR 25-2.
- IAT Level II certified as specified in DOD 8570.01-M and BBP 05-PR-M-0002 (Security+ CE, or GSEC, or SSCP IA Certifications).
- Ability to obtain one or more of the following certifications Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional, Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Master, Oracle Database 10g Administrator Certified Professional, or Oracle Database 10g Administrator Certified Master or equivalent Computing Environment Certification within 6 months of start date.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Seven years of industry experience supporting Oracle Databases using one or more of the following Operating Systems environments. [Windows Server, Linux, and Solaris].
- Working knowledge of DoD and Army Information Security Policy, including DoD Directive 8500.01E, Information Assurance, and Army Regulation (AR) 25-2, Information Assurance.