Global IT Project Manager
- Hermosillo, Mexico
Metals and Mining company based in Toronto, Canada
Summary of the Position
The ideal candidate should be a seasoned PM familiar with automation projects and used to working in a multinational project structured organization with not co-located teams dealing with different cultures.
- Overall co-responsibility for managing scope, cost, schedule, and contractual deliverables, which includes applying techniques for planning, tracking, change control, and risk management. Need to ensure all the appropriate documentation is in place accordingly to the global IT PMO methodology.
- Support the implementation of the Organizational Change Management accordingly to the global IT PMO methodology.
- Co-responsible for managing all project resources, including subcontractors, vendors, and for establishing an effective communication plan with the project team and the internal customer.
- Co-responsible for leading a project team in delivering a set of IT application automation solutions to our internal customer using the appropriate business measurements and terms and conditions for the project according to the project charter.
- Support the Technical automation leader (Located at the Plant or Mine) in providing day to day direction to the project technical team.
- Provide weekly project status to the sponsor, Program Manager, local Manager, PMO, and main stakeholders, accordingly to the global IT PMO methodology ensuring that deliverables are delivered with quality and on schedule.
- Will be based in Mexico (Hermosillo/Magdalena region) or Canada (Toronto region) with up to 75% of travelling to Mexico required. Some other International travel may also be necessary.
Will have a dual report having locally the IT Regional Manager and globally to the PMO Director.
- Act as the key person in the creation of the support team that will to maintain these systems once implemented and transitioned to the mines.
- Must have a valid passport.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Industrial Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronic, Electronic) or System/Computer engineers.
- Experienced in conflict resolution and having an easy personality able to quickly build rapports
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing projects. Preference will be given for the ones working in automations projects in a well-structured project environment
- Experience in Project Management Methodologies
- Preference experienced in implementation of IT Application Automation projects: Topography Systems, Integration layers (PIMS/MES), Geology/Mine Planning systems, Dispatch, fuel control, LIMS, Mass Balance, Metal Reconciliation, Tire tracking, etc. Is a strong asset.
- Experience integrating systems, like ERP, with other software / hardware solutions is desirable.
- Mining experience is desirable
- Excellent communication skills in English, Portuguese or Spanish.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.