IT Manager/BI Manager (Hyperion)
- Toronto, Canada
Financial Services industry
Key Technical Skills:
- Business Intelligence – Hyperion / Oracle
- System Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Project Management Methodology (PMLC)
- This position manages the Business Intelligence (BI) platform and is responsible for managing onshore and offshore resources, while defining and developing the role of these critical applications in TDBFG.
- This role will manage a team of onshore and offshore resources. The team consists of Oracle / Hyperion developers and SMEs.
- The role has substantial user interactions and you will be required to represent the team on both day-to-day and strategic matters.
- It is expected that you will develop an expert on understanding Finance user needs and lead/assist the team in developing solutions. This will involve working with complex, multi-dimensional data models to serve a wide variety of end users in TD.
- The role works closely with our partners in Finance Production Support as well as groups within Technology. You will interact with several Project/Program Managers in the Finance group and also works extensively with support areas in infrastructure technology group.
- Team delivers multiple projects simultaneously, while also managing a stream of maintenance and enhancement activities.
- Provide direction and oversight for ongoing development and support initiatives.
- Analyze business needs and recommend IT solutions.
- Deliver effective and efficient solutions by meeting key project milestones and overall project deliverables on time, and adhering to development and quality standards.
- Strong experience with implementations/support of BI tools such as Hyperion, Oracle BI
- Knowledge of Finance processes/applications is an asset.
- Ensure application documentation is complete and appropriately maintained.
- Develop and nurture relationships with our business partners, infrastructure support groups and vendor.
- Support the strategic Finance Architecture Visions and ensure IT solutions are based on known business drivers & strategic direction and vision.
- Comply with the system development life cycle (SDLC) and project management methodology (PMLC) by participating in scope assessment, risk and cost analysis.
- Coach, lead and mentor team members. Participate in knowledge transfer with the team and business units.
- Individual must be self-motivated and able to manage multiple conflicting priorities.
- Individual must be a strong leader that can work independently.
- Strong vendor management skills are an asset.
- Individual should possess a sound knowledge of Project Management.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.