- Cincinnati, OH
We are searching for Senior Auditor to provide leadership and support to the audit process. The Audit team ensures that our client is in compliance with all corporate governance rules and regulations, has an adequate and effective internal control structure and internal audit process, and that prescribed policies and procedures are being consistently followed. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is proficient in identifying and evaluating internal controls, developing and evaluating internal audit programs, analyzing policy and procedure compliance across all areas and divisions, performing time-sensitive and highly-confidential investigations that include interviewing partners at all levels of the Company, as well as successfully training other partners to do the same. This partner will manage a co-source arrangement where outside audit resources will be utilized to assist in the performance of audit procedures.
• Risk Assessments: Participate in enterprise-wide and targeted risk assessments to help identify risk areas that either require or would benefit from an audit. Possess the ability to evaluate risk at the global, divisional and process levels.
• Annual Audit Plan Development: Based on risk assessment results and knowledge of Company activities, assist the Director of Internal audit with developing the Annual Audit Plan.
• Corporate Audits: Take a leadership role in corporate-level financial statement and compliance audits (including performing actual testing as required). Utilize and manage audit staff from the Company’s co-source arrangement to ensure efficient and effective audits are performed. Along with the Director of Internal Audit, interact with all levels of management as appropriate to understand, clarify and appropriately document findings. Prepare and review audit reports for proper content, wording, grammar, spelling, accuracy and consistency. Review management’s audit responses to ensure they are appropriate prior to distribution. Follow up as necessary to ensure that recommendations agreed to by management actually occur.
• Quality Assurance and Improvement Program (QAIP) – Assist the Director of Internal Audit with the execution of the Company’s QAIP. Materially participate in the Company’s periodic Self-Assessment and External Quality Assessment.
• Direct Line Investigations: Take a leadership role or assist in the investigation of allegations received through the Company’s Direct Line Whistleblower Program – including interviewing partners against whom inappropriate activity has been alleged. Succinctly and thoroughly summarize investigation findings for presentation to Corporate Compliance, Senior Management and the Audit Committee.
Minimum four-year Accounting degree. CPA preferred, but not required.
Minimum 5 full years’ progressive audit experience with a public accounting firm or another publicly-traded company.
Minimum 3 years supervisory experience of an audit engagement team.
Demonstrated experience in audit planning, execution, documentation, drawing conclusions, report-writing, vetting and gaining consensus on audit comments with management, report issuance and follow-up.
Ability to understand and analyze data, particularly financial data.
Ability to learn new tasks and take on more responsibility as needed.
Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
Salary $55,000 - $75,000