- Mount Vernon, OH
The Application Engineer is responsible for providing direct technical support on initial sizing and selection of new unit compressors, to both existing and potential customers. This role additionally serves as internal technical support to Sales, Engineering, Order Entry and other functions.
Qualified candidates will perform necessary research, analysis, calculations and initial selection of compressor products for end customers and distributors. Selection includes understanding and aligning unique applications with existing compressor designs and recommending equipment selections based on required operating performance, reliability, specifications and related drivers. The Application Engineer will evaluate any parameters that may be in question with technical standards, then coordinate appropriate changes with internal resources as well as the customer.
- Requires Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Requires two years of experience in engineering field in a technical or technical sales role.
- Demonstration to appropriately apply physical principles, laws, and their interrelationships as well as understand general principles of compression, metallurgy, structural analysis, thermodynamics and kinematics.
- Understanding of machine design and manufacturing processes required to produce Company products.
- Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Email, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) for routine communications.