Manager, Transportation Service Delivery
- Columbus, OH
Brief Job Description
The primary responsibility of the Manager, Solution Delivery is to provide subject matter expertise, support, and thought leadership in the development and deployment of Transportation Management System (TMS) capabilities and solutions. It includes developing, communicating, and executing a program, in collaboration with Information Technology, for the implementation and operation of TMS solutions at existing customers and new customers, as well support of system version upgrades and other continuous improvement initiatives.
Manager, Solution Delivery is responsible to gather and understand system requirements, and to support the development and deployment of a TMS solution to meet customer, business, and user needs. This includes, but is not limited to, subject matter expertise in TMS configuration, testing, trouble-shooting, and training. Additionally, this role supports process development, process documentation, and other related operational support requirements during implementation activity, to include providing tools, templates, training, and related support to the business unit.
This role works closely with Account Management, Operations, and IT on matters related to TMS functionality, requirements, usability, issue resolution, and continuous improvement. This role also provides support and expertise in the development, prioritization, resource planning, and execution of the implementation project plan, ensuring compliance with project timelines, deliverables and costs.
The ultimate purpose of this role is to enable Company Contract Logistics Transportation Operations (or other Business Units TBD) in North America to implement and operate effective TMS applications as part of a managed transportation solution. These managed transportation solutions can either be “stand-alone” solutions, or, may be integrated as part of a broader Company supply chain solution.
Detailed Job Description
- Provide subject matter expertise related to the deployment and operation of Transportation Management System (TMS) applications.
- Interact effectively with account management teams to define TMS expectations and requirements, and to ensure that TMS application development within Company is effective, innovative and competitive.
- Develop a training program for site operations, customer, and vendor personnel. This includes User and Super-User training, as appropriate.
- Develop and document a detailed configuration guide for all applicable TMS applications in Company’s North American portfolio.
- Communicate regularly with site operations and account management teams, to understand operational issues, freight flows, customer requirements, and other account-specific requirements.
- For “real time” implementations (particularly in instances where the business unit lacks sufficient internal capability in TMS deployment) support the account team in deploying TMS applications. This includes, but is not limited to, the execution of the programs, processes and procedures that follow in this accountability listing. This support is intended to supplement, not replace, business unit resources.
- Develop and implement programs, processes, tools, and training related to TMS deployment and operation. Make these processes, tools, and training available to all North American business units. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Process to collect and document functional, technical, and operational requirements
- Templates for high-level and detailed process flows
- Process and templates for the development of contingency plans and related operational requirements; etc.
- Procedures to perform GAP Analysis and identify possible solutions for project implementations
- Procedures to document integration mapping requirements, including the process to communicate and coordinate requirements with IT
- Procedures to determine, document, and develop a set-up plan of required configurations for TMS applications
- Processes to receive, validate, analyze, and set up required data as part of TMS application deployment
- Integration and Functional system and user acceptance test scripts and test plans needed to test configured TMS solution applications
- Process for developing system reports, including reporting requirements, specifications, and templates/examples
- As needed, coordinate and execute configuration and test plan in support of TMS deployments.
- Provide support in development and documentation of freight management operational processes, to ensure that TMS is utilized in the most effective manner.
- Assist site operations in problem identification and resolution, primarily as it relates to system functionality and performance.
- Identify and communicate opportunities for continuous improvement as appropriate.
- As needed, provide onsite support during training, parallel testing and go-live. Work with the IT team as necessary to assist in the resolution of second level support issues.
- Undergraduate degree in Transportation, Logistics, Management, or a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in a transportation-related field or industry.
- Can demonstrate a path of continuous professional development, which includes formal input through reputable educational/professional establishments
- Professional skills in one or more of the following disciplines:
- Transportation Operations
- Business Development
- Transportation Modelling, Analysis, Design
- Project Management
- Information Technology
- Proficiency in MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Visio, and other related applications
- Strong analytical ability, including the capacity to assess project requirements and develop effective plans to meet requirements
- Superior organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively, and to establish and manage own work schedule / weekly activity
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent oral and written communications; influencing and negotiating skills
- Proven ability to delegate tasks and set up appropriate monitoring and control mechanisms
- Proven ability to build effective and profitable working relationships internally and externally
- Results driven, able to motivate diverse teams to achieve quality results
- Functional knowledge of Transportation Management Systems is absolutely essential. Experience with ORACLE TMS applications is highly desired.