- Fulton, NY
My client, a multi-billion dollar, global manufacturer, is looking for a new Purchasing Manager to join their Procurement Organization at their flagship operation, located in Oswego, NY. It is an excellent time to join this company as it is in the midst of a $200MM expansion project initiated by dramatic sales growth and new business development.
The Purchasing Manager will lead and manage a Plant Procurement Team (5 Purchasing Agents) and will drive and develop Procurement Excellence. This function will ensure that the plant gets the requested goods and services, is aligned with the procurement categories, support sustainable cost savings and improve required quality and processes within the plant. Will also drive harmonization and standardization of processes and procedures to improve savings, quality, and customer and supplier performance. Will report into Corporate Purchasing and to the operation's Plant Manager.
- Improve processes and procedures to ensure that your plant procurement team is able to deliver materials & services at the right time, the right place, the right quantity & quality, from the right sources and the lowest total cost.
- Communication and alignment of metrics to support seamless cooperation between plant procurement teams and business objectives.
- Develop rigorous analysis of spend value within plant operations.
- Pursue strategic options to mitigate risks and to ensure cost-effective supply in line with end user needs.
- Conduct risk assessment for supply of materials & services.
- Establish effective communication network within and beyond the working team to ensure accurate and timely flow of information.
- Supplier management, including implementation of KPI’s for key suppliers.
- Ensure plant operations are aligned with supplier contracts and pricing.
- Ensure adequate resource allocation for execution.
- Initiates and evaluates the development of cost effective procedures, policies etc.
- Manage to critical business initiatives and performance goals.
- Project focus should range from cost efficiency within product and / or process, alternative materials or vendors, and total cost of ownership.
- Provide professional training/coaching to improve skill set of individual procurement professionals.
- Support HR processes for Performance & Talent Management.
- A B.S. degree is a must. Certifications in Six Sigma, Procurement, and Inventory & Control will be highly regarded, but not required.
- A minimum of 10+ years of procurement experience in a manufacturing environment is required as well as management experience. Heavy industry preferred.
- Experience working in a Lean Six Sigma environment is strongly preferred.
- Experience using SAP is preferable.
Salary: $100,000.00 - $110,000.00