CPA Firm Audit (Assurance) Staff and Seniors
- San Jose, CA
Exceptional career opportunity for public accounting audit professionals to join a top ranked regional firm. Immediate openings for Experienced Staff with at least one year of CPA firm audit experience, and Senior level audit professionals. This practice is a great alternative to the rigors, politics, and excessive overtime inherent with the Big-4 and national firms. They offer an entrepreneurial, consulting oriented environment with a variety of both SEC and closely held clients in diverse industries. The firm has won industry awards for employee satisfaction and they offer a very reasonable work / life balance and overtime paid at time and one half. Audit Senior positions are available throughout California, in San Jose, San Francisco, Woodland Hills, Beverly Hills, West Los Angeles, and Irvine. Prefer local candidates out of Big-4, national, or large local CPA firms. Possible sign-on bonus to assist out of town candidates with their relocation costs.
Summary for Senior Auditors:
Senior Accountants perform most work assigned with a minimum of assistance. They often lead one or more staff and semi-senior accountants, instruct them in work to be performed, review the work done, and direct necessary revisions. Seniors are required to make decisions on all but the most unusual accounting and auditing matters.
- Performs diversified accounting and auditing assignments under the direction of supervisor, manager or partner.
- Demonstrates competency in technical skills, work quality, and application of professional and Firm standards.
- Meets time constraints and client deadlines.
- Builds client relationships and maintains smooth working relationship.
- Works effectively within given budgetary parameters; assist staff in prioritizing and managing their workload. Approaches projects with a sense of urgency and is completion orientated.
- Participates in planning and scheduling client engagements.
- Directs and instructs assistants, where applicable, in work to be performed and working paper review.
- Determines the extent of test-checking required in an audit and selects the transactions to be tested.
- Prepares and indexes working papers; performs various procedures established under generally accepted accounting principles to verify accuracy and validity of client’s financial matters.
- Prepares routine correspondence to client for approval and signature of a Partner; writes comments for management letters.
- Drafts reports including footnotes.
- Performs the broadest range of accountant tasks so that direct participation of supervisors, managers, or Partners is kept to a minimum.
- Punctually enters time and expenses to support efficient billing processes.
- Reviews and monitors staff time.
- Prepares other reports, projects and duties as may be assigned.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in use of computers and computer accounting software programs.
- Well-rounded knowledge of accounting principles and personal income taxes.
- Ability to organize work and projects, prioritize and meet deadlines, and ability to complete work in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Ability to reason and multi-task.
- Supervises one or more staff and semi-senior accounts on assigned engagements and instructs them in work to be performed
- Reviews work done and directs necessary revisions.
- Frequent same day travel for work at clients’ offices, meetings, and seminars using a personal vehicle.
- Occasional out-of-town travel with overnight stay for work at clients, meetings, or seminars using a personal vehicle.
- Occasional overtime work required throughout the year. Heavy overtime work required from January 1 to April 15, may be in excess of 55 hours per week.
- Minimal Hazards. General office working conditions.
- At least one year for staff level and two years experience in public accounting for Senior level, demonstrating a progression in complexity of auditing and accounting tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or Master’s degree in accounting.
- Minimum of forty (40) hours of continuing professional education is required each year.
- Either hold a current and valid CPA’s license, or be working toward obtaining the license by taking and passing the applicable state CPA exam.
- If licensed, should be a member in good standing with the AICPA.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English.
- Proactively seeks knowledge, new task and responsibilities.
- Cooperative and responsive to training, supervision and constructive feedback.
- Maintains appropriate compliance with all Firm wide and local policies and procedures.
Salary $50,000 - $75,000