Application Specialist - Large Motors
- Oakville, Canada
The world is looking for answers that last. And they start here.
For the last 100 years, Siemens has been here in Canada, providing great employment opportunities to highly-motivated people. It’s our tradition to promote excellent work, develop talent, and recognize success.
Siemens is proud to be one of the Top 50 Most Engaged Workplaces in Canada, and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers.
Our 4,400 employees in Canada develop and manufacture products, design and install complex systems and projects, and tailor a wide range of solutions for individual requirements. We stand for technical achievement, innovation, quality, and reliability.
• Review technical specifications and prepare quotes to customers
• Interpret customer project RFQs for medium voltage and low voltage motor applications and prepare proposals for projects
• Evaluate if our products meet customers technical requirements and specifications
• Work with engineering team in the factory as needed for preparation of quotes for Large projects
• Develop close working relationships with Siemens Global Motor production facilities
• Prepare all necessary internal approval documentation
• Risk review
• Limits of Authority etc before submission of quotes as required
• Review and forward customer commercial and legal terms and conditions to commercial dept for comments
• Assist in Order Entry via the Order management team
• Build relationship with key OEMs and manage overall communication
• Working with the team develop establish and maintain working relationships with internal and external customers manage and support customer accounts and determine product service requirements
• Provide technical support to Customers Account Managers and Business development as required
• Collect information on the competitive environment
• Keeping current on the latest technological developments through self-education and external training is important
• Bachelors of Science Degree in electrical or mechanical engineering or technical diploma
• Large Motors or rotating equipment knowledge
• 5 years experience
• Experienced candidates will be considered as well
• People skills
• Comfortable with matrix style organizations
• Outgoing customer focused with extrovert personality
• Organizational Skills
• Teamwork and Collaboration
• Critical Thinking
• Problem solving
• Analytical skills
• Customer-service Orientation
• Information Seeking
• Relationship Building
• Communication skills
The Ideal Candidate:
This person can be based in Oakville, Calgary or Edmonton. There will be less than 10% travel.
The ideal candidate has worked for these companies:
ABB, Teco, WEG, Toshiba, GE and Hyundai
Our Company is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages all qualified candidates to apply for any position we currently have open. We offer competitive compensation, outstanding benefits and the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
"All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines".