Senior Civil Engineer - Houston
- Houston, TX
Our Company is the leading national provider of technical services to the electric utility, power generation, industrial, renewable and energy industries. Seeking Civil Engineers
Perform all engineering duties and activities required for the civil and structural design of a project. Extensive knowledge of concrete and steel structural engineering is required. Proven ability to lead a team of engineers in the successful completion of projects is a plus.
Duties & Responsibilities
Employee may be called upon to perform any or all of the following functions:
- Supervise and coordinate all project civil and structural activities to ensure on time completion
- Assign tasks to civil design team based on project needs
- Work with project team to create or modify all civil and structural design documents
- Ensure civil team is using project specific standards and that the design effort is progressing in the most efficient manner possible
- Develop steel and foundation detail drawings
- Apply engineering application software for the design of structural steel, foundations and site preparation
- Perform engineering and design functions as necessary to meet project schedules
- Communicate and coordinate project activities with customer representatives, project team, and management
- Ensure civil team applies engineering standards including the NESC, IEEE, ANSI, AISC and ACI
- Properly use the document management system
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and accuracy of his/her work
- Travel out of town for short periods of time as required by projects and assignments
- Other duties as required
Education / Experience
Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university. Preferred licensed professional engineer. If registered in a state other than where the engineer will practice, the employee must be able to obtain a license within one year of date of hire. A minimum of ten years of direct experience and proven knowledge in concrete and steel structural engineering is required.
QualificationsPossess skills in the following areas:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding steel and concrete design
- Extensive knowledge of structural analysis
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of substation components and their functions
- Strong knowledge of common engineering application software
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of engineering standards including NESC, IEEE, ANSI, AISC and ACI
- Extensive knowledge of civil and structural design documents and drawings necessary to complete a project
- Supervising project team in a technical work environment
- Knowledge of common word processing, spreadsheet, and e-mail software
- Working in a team environment
- Communicating effectively with co-workers, vendors, clients, etc.
Our Company is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages all qualified candidates to apply for any position we currently have open. We offer competitive compensation, outstanding benefits and the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
"All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines".
Keywords: Civil Engineer Steel Concrete Structural Design