- Edmonton, Canada
C-Tech Oilwell Technologies Inc. is an innovative oil field technology development, sales and services company dedicated to developing coiled rod technology, products and bringing them to the market.
Draftsperson will be responsible for re-building 3-D models and preparing drawings based on new part numbering system.
Reports to: Director of Manufacturing
- Uses design and drafting tools such as Autocad and Inventor for layouts, modeling, and detailing of assembly and parts drawings of well servicing rigs and related equipment.
- Modifies and revises designs according to supervisor or engineer input.
- Prepare drawings specifying dimensions, materials, and intstructions for clear representation of the assemblies and parts.
- Participates in and documents design reviews and drawing quality reviews.
- Lays out, draws, and reproduces illustrations for reference manuals and technical publications to describe operation and maintenance of mechanical systems.
- Creates and maintains Bill of Materials.
- Knows and complies with all safety policies and procedures.
- Contributes to the department continuous improvement culture.
- Maintains confidentiality of all matters.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or Director of Manufacturing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Graduate from recognized technical institution with 1 to 2 year experience in mechanical design and drafting.
- Experience in heavy equipment design and manufacturing environment.
- AutoCAD experience an asset.
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently.
- Results oriented and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Possess good proficiency on Inventor or Solidworks.
- Possess quick learning aptitude and interest to acquire experience on oil field equipment.
- Possess good interpersonal skill.
This is a temporary position,minimum 6 months, with the potential to turn into a permenant position.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and education.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.