Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic
- Edmonton, Canada
C-Tech Oilwell Technologies Inc. is an innovative oil field technology development, sales and services company dedicated to developing coiled rod technology, products and bringing them to the market.
The Journeyman Mechanic position requires an individual who is proactive, well-organized and thrives in a challenging work environment. They must be able to promote a high standard of safety in all daily activities while ensuring that job assignments are completed in a timely and cost effective manner.
Responsibilities will include following and building to blueprints for custom heavy oilfield equipment. We specialize in new equipment and machinery for the oilfield service industry. This may include the installation of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical components that take our projects from conception to completion.
Reports to: Mechanical Lead Hand/Shop Supervisor
- Build, maintain and service custom heavy oilfield equipment.
- Install hydraulic components (ie pumps, motors, control valves, cooler, winches, etc.); mechanical components (ie pulleys, sheaves, platforms, etc.) and electrical control panels on truck/trailer mounted equipment.
- Plumb hydraulic components in accordance with the schematics.
- Prepare hydraulic hoses with appropriate end connections.
- Test equipment for leakage, correct plumbing and pre-defined functionality.
- Journeyman or 3rd/4th year apprentice in heavy duty mechanics required. Equivalent experience in related field will be considered.
- 1-3 years’ work experience on hydraulic installation and commissioning of heavy duty mobile equipment.
- Possess good knowledge of hydraulic components.
- Proficient at reading and understanding hydraulic schematics.
- Ability to work well with others and/or independently
- Work in a safe manner
Salary: Commensurate with experience and education.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.