FLUID POWER SPECIALIST
- Edmonton, Canada
C-Tech Oilwell Technologies Inc. is an innovative oil field technology development, sales and services company dedicated to developing coiled rod technology, products and bringing them to the market.
The C-Tech Design and Manufacturing division offers a diversity of products from third party upstream oil and gas equipment and structural steel components to coiled rod and tubing well service units.
C-Tech has been owned by Dover Corporation (NYSE: DOV) since June 2005. C-Tech operates under the Norris Production Solutions of the Fluid Management market segment of Dover.
- Design of hydraulic systems suitable for automatic/semi-automatic operation of mobile equipment.
- Perform design calculation based on design inputs and functional requirements, and ensure operator and equipment safety.
- Specify system components, prepare BOM, and schematics.
- Calculate heating/cooling loads.
- Develop and implement assembly and testing procedures and instructions.
- Develop and implement quality control of parts and assemblies.
- Work closely with Project Coordinator and Supply Chain Manager for timely procurement of parts.
- Assist assembly and commissioning team during assembly and testing.
- Prepare operation and maintenance manuals.
- Other duties as assigned by Production Manager and Director of Manufacturing.
- Diploma from a recognized technical institution.
- 5 years experience on hydraulic system design for heavy mobile equipment in the oilfield industry.
- Superior knowledge on characteristics and application of hydraulic components such as pumps, motors, valves, cartridges, coolers, transducers, etc.
- Knowledge on Canbus or Profibus will be an asset.
- Proficient on Autocad.
- Capable of undertaking and completing projects on time with little or no supervision.
- Excellent theoretical and practical problem solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with co-workers and managers.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to multi task.
- Fluid Power Society Accreditation will be an asset.
Salary: Commensurate with skill and experience.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.