Enterprise Cloud Architect
- Boulder, CO
Tomorrow’s cable industry will look nothing like it does today. It can’t. The world is rapidly changing with broadband moving way beyond traditional screens and devices. To keep pace with consumer demand for fully personalized content when, where and how they want it, cable must constantly exceed those demands. In fact, it must invent desire for new products long before the public even knows it can’t live without them… breakthroughs await in IP-centric technologies, smart sensors, second-screen content and more.
As CableLabs envisions the future of digital life outside the box, we pioneer and test new ideas, then collaborate to bring them to life - we drive the delivery of new technology for cable operators, validate standards for manufacturers and connect with new partners to transform the status quo. By developing technology that will carry data even faster, we serve as the catalyst for quicker innovation and richer experiences.
CableLabs is at the vanguard of this revolution, fueling cable’s new drive with creativity and innovation.
Join us in inspiring what’s next for Cable!
Position can based in either Boulder, CO or San Jose, CA
Serving as a technology expert and evangelist, the Enterprise Cloud Architect will provide thought leadership to a cross-functional team to determine how to enhance cable services via cloud development principles. You will be responsible for leading R&D projects that will be used to define and articulate technology deployment strategies with a focus on service delivery and OSS. This position requires an understanding of the market and competitive landscape, technology trends, and evolving customer and technology needs. Candidates should be self-motivated and experienced technical leaders eager to research and identify critical solutions managing multi-disciplinary, multi-company focus teams to achieve timely and quality results.
- Interface with senior management to develop, refine, and execute the product strategy and roadmap.
- Work with cable operator and equipment manufacturer stakeholders to shape and define a comprehensive view of technology solutions.
- Collaborate with cloud computing colleagues inside and outside the industry to define common application practices.
- Contribute expertise to define new ways that future cable transport networks can provide optimized and differentiated connectivity between their business and the cloud in areas of security, reliability, performance, and programmability.
- Manage prototype development projects that integrate systems and services from cloud providers.
- Research and technical analysis of competitive solutions
- Recent experience in Architecture, Design, and Implementation of highly scalable, highly available, Cloud (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) services and solutions.
- Experience in creating and deploying complex cloud infrastructure solutions in small and large environments.
- Direct experience with some of the following service architectures: Amazon Web Services, Google Web Services, Azure, Terremark, Rackspace.
- Direct experience with one or more of the following Hypervisors (e.g., VMware, Citrix Xen Server, KVM).
- Knowledge and experience with DevOps, Puppet, Chef, and other Cloud technologies.
- Familiarity with data models (UML), and web services (RESTful interfaces) for IP based systems.
- Knowledge of prominent cloud standards and specification efforts (e.g., Openstack).
- Customer service experience with integration of infrastructure virtualization solutions with other platform technologies (i.e., Storage, Server, Network, Active Directory, Database, and other operating systems).
- Understanding of security standards and concepts.
- MS CS, Telecom or equivalent experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to speak to technical and management levels.
- Ability to travel 25%.
This is a full-time, salaried position with an excellent culture and benefits package.