Internship - LTE Wireless Innovation Project
- Boulder, CO
Tomorrow’s cable industry will look nothing like it does today. It can’t. The world is rapidly changing with broadband moving way beyond traditional screens and devices. To keep pace with consumer demand for fully personalized content when, where and how they want it, cable must constantly exceed those demands. In fact, it must invent desire for new products long before the public even knows it can’t live without them… breakthroughs await in IP-centric technologies, smart sensors, second-screen content and more.
As CableLabs envisions the future of digital life outside the box, we pioneer and test new ideas, then collaborate to bring them to life - we drive the delivery of new technology for cable operators, validate standards for manufacturers and connect with new partners to transform the status quo. By developing technology that will carry data even faster, we serve as the catalyst for quicker innovation and richer experiences.
CableLabs is at the vanguard of this revolution, fueling cable’s new drive with creativity and innovation.
Join us in inspiring what’s next for Cable!
CableLabs is seeking a student internto assist with test execution, lab setup, and test tool development for LTE related testing. The position requires an ability to perform in a diverse, fast-paced and forward thinking technology environment.
Focus will be on the testing of an LTE eNodeB to UE transport infrastructure in order to successfully establish sessions between these systems and measuring the performance capability under various network and impairment scenarios. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Assisting Test Engineers in the building, configuration and maintenance of test environments.
- Executing test suites as we increase the complexity of the transport network.
- Providing succinct and accurate test results for devices under test and record them in a reliable manner.
- Attending product training and organizational meetings as required.
We are looking for a high energy, detail oriented person to assist in our project. Candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Prefer master’s candidate, preferably in Electrical Engineering with wireless RF exposure in MIMO based technologies and ideally LTE
- Knowledge of Scripting Languages such as Perl, TCL/Expect , Shell scripting
- Hands on experience with setting up RF test beds using Windows and UNIX platform and network analysis tools.
- Hands on experience with measuring and analyzing performance metrics such as delay, delay variation, and loss.
- Familiarity with LTE equipment and protocols (e.g., LTE Release 10 eNodeBs and UEs).
- Additionally knowledge of any of the following areas would be useful to the candidate:
- Cable television industry
- Communication network architectures
- Hybrid Fiber Coax architectures and technologies
- Hands on experience with configuring and debugging RF networks with mixers, diplexers, filters, etc.
- The position will entail approximately 20 to 40 hours/week.
- Demonstrate an ability to work and interact well in a culturally diverse environment.
- Exhibit advanced organizational, communication and interpersonal relation’s skills.
- Exercise initiative in areas of responsibility.