Senior Software Developer
- Dunwoody, GA
Tomorrow’s cable industry will look nothing like it does today. It can’t. The world is rapidly changing with broadband moving way beyond traditional screens and devices. To keep pace with consumer demand for fully personalized content when, where and how they want it, cable must constantly exceed those demands. In fact, it must invent desire for new products long before the public even knows it can’t live without them… breakthroughs await in IP-centric technologies, smart sensors, second-screen content and more.
As CableLabs envisions the future of digital life outside the box, we pioneer and test new ideas, then collaborate to bring them to life - we drive the delivery of new technology for cable operators, validate standards for manufacturers and connect with new partners to transform the status quo. By developing technology that will carry data even faster, we serve as the catalyst for quicker innovation and richer experiences. CableLabs is at the vanguard of this revolution fueling cable's new drive with creativity and innovation.
Join us in inspiring what’s next for Cable!
CableLabs is seeking an experienced Senior Software Developer to work with our Cable Information
Architecture (CIA) team based in Atlanta, GA. CIA is based on TM Forum models and has been
extended on behalf of the Cable industry. The Senior Software Developer will work on model
enhancements and tool extensions. At times this individual will work directly with Cable Operators
and Industry suppliers, applying CIA in funded industry projects. The overall role of the CIA Team is
to accelerate CIA adoption across the cable ecosystem for the purpose of improving the cable
customer experience and industry business outcomes.
• Works under the direction of the Director of Information Architecture
• Define and document extensions to the Information Models across six domains (product,
location, service, resource, party/customer, and content)
• Supports Model-driven Development (MDD)
• Defines and develops API payload models and application support tools
• Contributes to Community site development and documentation
• Facilitates communications and collaboration with CableLabs staff, Members and Vendors.
•Some working knowledge of cable systems BSS/OSS architecture, network operations
concepts, and administration is desirable.
• Data modeling experience; experience with design of both logical and physical data
• In depth knowledge and experience with integration technologies such as SOA, ESB, WS-*,
• In depth knowledge and experience with UML, Java, ESB and XML.
• Ability to travel 10%.
• Experience with TM Forum Shared Information Data Model and/or DMTF Common
Information a plus.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
This is a full-time, salaried position with an excellent culture and benefits package.