Corporate Events Manager
- Boulder, CO
Tomorrow’s cable industry will look nothing like it does today. It can’t. The world is rapidly changing with broadband moving way beyond traditional screens and devices. To keep pace with consumer demand for fully personalized content when, where and how they want it, cable must constantly exceed those demands. In fact, it must invent desire for new products long before the public even knows it can’t live without them… breakthroughs await in IP-centric technologies, smart sensors, second-screen content and more.
As CableLabs envisions the future of digital life outside the box, we pioneer and test new ideas, then collaborate to bring them to life - we drive the delivery of new technology for cable operators, validate standards for manufacturers and connect with new partners to transform the status quo. By developing technology that will carry data even faster, we serve as the catalyst for quicker innovation and richer experiences. CableLabs is at the vanguard of this revolution fueling cable's new drive with creativity and innovation.
Join us in inspiring what’s next for Cable!
Our Corporate Events Manager is responsible for identifying, planning and executing a variety of event-based programs, including meetings, conferences, seminars, presentations and other events both on-site and off-site. The ideal candidate is an energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with an easy-going personality, high ethical standards and the ability to juggle multiple projects with a calm demeanor who demonstrates strong ownership and a take- charge approach.
Our Corporate Events Manager will work with the Senior Manager, Corporate events on multiple projects simultaneously. The successful candidate will be a results-oriented, enthusiastic individual with exceptional management skills who possesses a proven track record for successfully managing complex events as well as the ability to work in a constantly changing and demanding environment. This position entails considerable interaction with clients, team members, executives and other departments within CableLabs.
- Provide input to decisions involving meeting design, objectives and content, negotiations, staff, financial management, business challenges, and contingencies.
- Meeting site visit and selection with an eye toward proactively identifying ways to better serve clients.
- Establish and negotiate lodging and meeting space arrangements and related contracts.
- Work with Corporate Events Senior Manager on event communications.
- Organize and maintain schedules of events and other industry meetings.
- Contribute to the planning of meetings, events, trade shows, and registration evolving to direct leadership and coordination of events; Research and report creative event options and off-site venues.
- Manage event budget and financials; accuracy and efficiency in financial reconciliation and report preparation.
- Provide onsite event management, support and registration management including inventory, shipping and set-up.
- Immediately adapt to crisis situations by changing processes.
- Facilitate continuous communication between CableLabs departments, clients, exhibitors, sponsors, attendees, and suppliers to meet customer requirements.
- Overnight travel as required to attend events/meetings (may include weekends).
- Effective management of contractors and related staff to assure timely event execution.
- Bachelor degree and/or equivalent experience; Certified Meeting Professional designation preferred.
- 5-10 years’ experience as an events planner with experience leading event teams.
- Ability to motivate, recognize, influence, and guide the core team using a hands-on approach versus a directing from afar.
- Detail oriented, self-starter with ability to deliver in a deadline-driven environment; sense of urgency.
- Strong multi-tasking and time management; ability to effectively prioritize/execute tasks conforming to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience with contracts.
- Ability to independently schedule, manage and produce events.
- Technical knowledge (A/V); resourceful in providing direction on implementing, trouble-shooting and resolving.
- Direct but professional communication style.
- Organizational agility, analytical, problem-solving and timely decision-making skills.
- Ability to understand and comprehend client needs.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; comfortable interfacing with all levels including executive management.
- Demonstrated project management and negotiation experience.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills; ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- A high degree of responsibility, initiative and professionalism.
- Proven competency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook and on-line registration systems and reporting technologies.
- Ability to travel 20% including some weekends; willingness to work outside of normal business hours as appropriate.
- Knowledge of local/national venues a plus.
This is a full-time, salaried position with an excellent culture and benefits package.