Senior Strategic Analyst - Innovation
- Louisville, CO
Position can be based either in Louisville, CO or Sunnyvale, CA.
Tomorrow’s cable industry will look nothing like it does today. The world is rapidly changing with broadband moving way beyond traditional screens and devices. To keep pace with consumer demand for fully personalized content when, where and how they want it, cable must constantly exceed those demands. In fact, it must invent desire for new products long before the public even knows it can’t live without them… breakthroughs await in IP-centric technologies, smart sensors, second-screen content and more.
As CableLabs envisions the future of digital life outside the box, we pioneer and test new ideas, then collaborate to bring them to life - we drive the delivery of new technology for cable operators, validate standards for manufacturers and connect with new partners to transform the status quo. By developing technology that will carry data even faster, we serve as the catalyst for quicker innovation and richer experiences. CableLabs is at the vanguard of this revolution fueling cable's new drive with creativity and innovation. Join us in inspiring what’s next for Cable!
Be a part of our Network Technologies team - a group of highly qualified, dedicated individuals who take pride in designing and introducing new broadband, wireless and IP technologies. As part of the Innovation group, you will work closely with our Strategy team and SMEs from across the organization and the industry.
We're seeking a strong, adaptable, business and technology strategic analyst capable of researching, evaluating and making recommendations related to proposed strategic efforts for the cable and telecommunications industries. You should bring experience in understanding and evaluating proposed technology innovations and produce assessments (market, cost, competitive) in both data-rich (current, evolutionary) and data-sparse (innovation, revolutionary) scenarios. Assessment work will include market research, business case development – projecting financial benefits through discounted cash flow analysis of potential or existing businesses and competitive position analysis – and possible competitive reactions. Responsibilities also include engagement with our customers for development and presentation of innovative product requirements supporting the business case.
In addition to individual contributor responsibilities, this role requires collaboration with technical and non-technical SMEs within and outside the cable industry to collect and synthesize information, supporting our strategic and outreach initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or other sciences; MBA or Masters in Economics or Finance, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in competitive analysis, engineering, software, strategy, corporate development, or product management is required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in competitive assessment efforts such as market research, business case development, competitive position analysis, etc. is required.
- Ability to author clear and concise reports, supporting assertions with data and logical and defendable objective explanations is required.
- A passion for answering “why” questions is an absolute requirement!
- Strong analytical skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in analysis of large data sets a plus.
- Experience in the design, deployment, management or operation of telecom services a plus.
- Excellent time and task management, and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to travel 15%.
This is a full time, salaried position with excellent benefits and the ability to impact an entire industryI