Lead Data Architect
- Louisville, CO
Tomorrow’s cable industry will look nothing like it does today. The world is rapidly changing with broadband moving way beyond traditional screens and devices. To keep pace with consumer demand for fully personalized content when, where and how they want it, cable must constantly exceed those demands. In fact, it must invent desire for new products long before the public even knows it can’t live without them… breakthroughs await in IP-centric technologies, smart sensors, second-screen content and more.
As CableLabs envisions the future of digital life outside the box, we pioneer and test new ideas, then collaborate to bring them to life - we drive the delivery of new technology for cable operators, validate standards for manufacturers and connect with new partners to transform the status quo. By developing technology that will carry data even faster, we serve as the catalyst for quicker innovation and richer experiences. CableLabs is at the vanguard of this revolution fueling cable's new drive with creativity and innovation. Join us in inspiring what’s next for Cable!
Our Lead Data Architect will contribute to the technical direction and design of our Cable Information Architecture (CIA), which is based on the TM Forum model which has been extended for the cable industry. Working closely with supplier teams, our Lead Data Architect will act as a liaison to our core team contributing to roadmap development, model and tool extensions, and community site evolution. You will encourage input from CableLabs technical teams ensuring continued cable operator adoption; and work with industry suppliers in gathering architecture requirements, aligning with roadmaps and enabling adoption of CIA.
- Work with the DIA Principal Architect and CableLabs suppliers to facilitate the evolution and adoption of the Cable Information Architecture and related frameworks.
- Translate business requirements into specific system, application, and process designs - work with customers to identify functional requirements and lead the identification, justification and design of the Cable Information Architecture.
- Lead interface design specification development and publish in, and collaboration with supplier architecture and development teams.
- Assist in analysis of specific system elements, such as system software, integration architecture, data modeling, and processes, with recommendations for appropriate changes.
- Develop relationships with key project stakeholders to assist in meeting these objectives.
- Assist in the evolution of specifications, models and tools for the benefit of cable operators.
- Java and Spring Framework architecture and development experience required.
- Excellent understanding of OOD, OOP and common design patterns.
- Bachelors’ Degree in CS/Engineering (or equivalent) with 5-7 years of experience in enterprise data architecture.
- A good blend of both functional and technical skills in enterprise solution architecture.
- Experience designing and implementing B/OSS Enterprise Architectures based on industry best practice and platforms.
- Experience designing open architectures that adhere to service oriented principles.
- Solid understanding of integration technologies and approaches (SOA, ESB, WS-*, XML/XSD, REST, JSON).
- Extensive UML Modeling experience preferred.
- Data modeling experience including design of logical and physical data architectures; proficiency with at least one RDBMS and SQL experience.
- Experience with at least one high level programming language (Java, C++, C#) in an enterprise development setting.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to create and present technical concepts to an executive level audience.
- Ability to travel 20%.
- Experience in systems Integration and implementation.
- Some working knowledge of cable systems BSS/OSS architecture, network operations, and administration is desirable.
- Experience with at least one major vendor B/OSS platform preferred.
- Experience with TM Forum Shared Information Data Model preferred.
- Experience with Master Data Management and Data Virtualization preferred.
This is a full time, salaried career position with an exceptional team, benefits and the ability to impact an industry!