Lead Data Architect
- Philadelphia, PA
Tomorrow’s cable industry will look nothing like it does today. The world is rapidly changing with broadband moving way beyond traditional screens and devices. To keep pace with consumer demand for fully personalized content when, where and how they want it, cable must constantly exceed those demands. In fact, it must invent desire for new products long before the public even knows it can’t live without them… breakthroughs await in IP-centric technologies, smart sensors, second-screen content and more.
As CableLabs envisions the future of digital life outside the box, we pioneer and test new ideas, then collaborate to bring them to life - we drive the delivery of new technology for cable operators, validate standards for manufacturers and connect with new partners to transform the status quo. By developing technology that will carry data even faster, we serve as the catalyst for quicker innovation and richer experiences. CableLabs is at the vanguard of this revolution fueling cable's new drive with creativity and innovation. Join us in inspiring what’s next for Cable!
This position is responsible for the design, application and capture of the Cable Information Architecture (CIA) and its extensions - CableLabs’ CIA is based on the TM Forum model and has been extended for the cable industry. While working closely with client teams on-site, our Data Architect will act as a liaison to our core team contributing to roadmap development, model and tool extensions, and community site evolution. This individual will encourage input from internal technical teams, and ensure continued cable operator adoption. The Data Architect will also work with industry suppliers in gathering architecture requirements enabling CIA adoption.
- Working closely with the SVP of Data and Information Architecture, and other project team members our Lead Data Architect will fill the role of technical expert to our cable clients, solution architects, operations teams and business owners.
- Act as liaison encouraging and supporting CableLabs project use and contribution with a goal to make CIA easy to adopt.
- Translate business requirements into specific system, application, and process designs including working with customers to identify functional requirements; lead others in the identification, justification and design of architectures.
- Track and document requirements for enterprise development projects and enhancements providing updates to the core team and SVP.
- Present and solicit feedback from CableLabs customers related to the CIA models and tools; develop and present CIA associated value/business metrics.
- Provide significant contribution to ensure adoption and continued evolution of the CIA toolset.
- Assist in analysis of specific system elements, such as system software, integration architecture, data modeling and processes, with recommendations for appropriate changes.
- Develop relationships with key project stakeholders to assist in meeting these objectives.
- Exhibit advanced organizational, communications, listening, interpersonal and relationship skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and present project work applying the essence of CableLabs core values.
- Bachelors’ Degree in CS/Engineering (Masters’ Degree a plus) or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of experience in IT with a good blend of both functional and technical skills in enterprise Cable/Telecommunications BSS/OSS systems and solution architectures.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with influential interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively at both the executive and technical levels and strong leadership with experience leading technical teams.
- Experience driving and realizing a complex/full end-to-end solution and how decision / design impacts architecture delivery.
- In depth experience in Systems Integration and implementation.
- Some working knowledge of cable systems BSS/OSS architecture, network operations, and administration is desirable.
- Data modeling experience including design of both logical and physical data architectures; working knowledge of UML (Class Diagrams, Use Cases, Sequence Diagrams, etc.)
- Knowledge of TM Forum Frameworx (SID, eTOM, TAM)
- Experience with at least one high level programming language (Java, C++, C#) in an enterprise development setting.
- Knowledge of XML Schema and JSON.
- Ability to travel 20%.
This is a full time, salaried career position with an exceptional team, benefits and the ability to impact an industry!