- Atlanta, GA
Tomorrow’s cable industry will look nothing like it does today. The world is rapidly changing with broadband moving way beyond traditional screens and devices. To keep pace with consumer demand for fully personalized content when, where and how they want it, cable must constantly exceed those demands. In fact, it must invent desire for new products long before the public even knows it can’t live without them… breakthroughs await in IP-centric technologies, smart sensors, second-screen content and more.
As CableLabs envisions the future of digital life outside the box, we pioneer and test new ideas, then collaborate to bring them to life - we drive the delivery of new technology for cable operators, validate standards for manufacturers and connect with new partners to transform the status quo. By developing technology that will carry data even faster, we serve as the catalyst for quicker innovation and richer experiences. CableLabs is at the vanguard of this revolution fueling cable's new drive with creativity and innovation. Join us in inspiring what’s next for Cable!
This position is responsible for capturing and validating functional requirements for the CableLabs Information Architecture (CIA) initiative, which is built on the work of the TM Forum: CIA has extended the TMF Information Framework for the Cable industry and uses other TMF standards to guide and organize the work. The Business Analyst is responsible for overall project Governance and Release Management who will encourage input from technical teams and assure continued adoption by cable operators. Our BA will work with industry suppliers in gathering architecture requirements and lead project presentations and training.
- Capture, gather, and validate functional requirements
- Work with key stakeholders to define, design, and facilitate development of the Cable Information Architecture information model extensions and interface designs
- Maintain and enforce governance and release management processes, while recognizing areas to improve the effectiveness of these processes
- Strive to streamline processes and improve existing tools, including visualization of model extensions, issue tracking, and collaboration platforms
- Lead the creation of release notes for information model releases as well as metrics and support for updated wiki documentation
- Collaborate with peers to ensure consistency of extension designs and reporting
- Clarify and validate business needs that are validated and consumed by development teams
- Participate in the interactions between stakeholders and the CIA Core team, ensuring there are no gaps in requirements expectations
- Assist in ranking and prioritizing work requests
- Facilitate bi-weekly team standup meetings
- Perform stakeholder presentations and architecture primers
- Understand data and application architecture within the Cable Information Architecture
- 5 – 7 years in an enterprise business analyst role or equivalent
- Proven experience working with Agile teams, specifically using KanBan
- Experience executing enterprise Change and Release Management programs.
- Strong analytical and process modeling skills (BPMN 2.0) and the ability to apply problem solving techniques to complex business scenarios
- Experience with UML 2.0 Modeling techniques (Class Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams) and modeling tools (Visual Paradigm UML, Enterprise Architect)
- Specific experience with TM Forum Frameworx preferred
- Understand basic relational database concepts and experience creating queries to perform data analysis
- Create and manage well-organized and logical artifacts for consumption by various audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively address all levels within the organization; excellent listening skills
- Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities, gain consensus, or resolve conflicts among project stakeholders
- Proven ability to facilitate requirements gathering sessions
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business policies, procedures, equipment manuals, training materials, and corporate communications
- Works with peers and co-workers to promote teamwork, flexibility, and collaboration
This is a full time, salaried career position with an exceptional team, benefits and the ability to impact an industry!