Lead Architect - Cloud & Managed Services
- Boulder, CO
This position can reside in either Sunnyvale, CA or Louisville, CO.
Tomorrow’s cable industry will look nothing like it does today. The world is rapidly changing with broadband moving way beyond traditional screens and devices. To keep pace with consumer demand for fully personalized content when, where and how they want it, cable must constantly exceed those demands. In fact, it must invent desire for new products long before the public even knows it can’t live without them… breakthroughs await in IP-centric technologies, smart sensors, second-screen content and more.
As CableLabs envisions the future of digital life outside the box, we pioneer and test new ideas, then collaborate to bring them to life - we drive the delivery of new technology for cable operators, validate standards for manufacturers and connect with new partners to transform the status quo. By developing technology that will carry data even faster, we serve as the catalyst for quicker innovation and richer experiences. CableLabs is at the vanguard of this revolution fueling cable's new drive with creativity and innovation. Join us in inspiring what’s next for Cable!
Our Lead Architect for Cloud and Managed Services will influence the future of cloud and managed services for the cable industry. you will establishing roadmaps and lead our Business Services cloud and managed services research, development and innovation initiatives.
- Lead efforts to investigate, develop, specify, and standardize technologies in support of cable operator business services cloud solutions (data centers, SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, Desktop-aaS) that lead to interoperability, improved scale, and rapid innovation for the industry.
- Work closely with product, strategy and engineering teams and industry partners to maintain competitive technology “pulse” and identify/analyze emerging domestic and international technologies that hold promise for shaping long-range business opportunities.
- Research business application technology trends, conduct analysis, and solicit feedback from key company and industry leadership to help shape and maintain a technology roadmap that anticipates client needs while meeting competitive and emerging technology demands.
- Plan and execute R&D and innovation projects that align with our roadmap and are highly efficient in terms of cost, schedule, and scope. Provide timely reporting and executive progress updates.
- Embrace a rapid, results-oriented, continuous improvement approach to ensure consistent innovation and progress across business, cloud, and managed services disciplines.
- Provide thought leadership at industry forums/events and by publishing white papers. Monitor and engage clients to ensure technology adoption and business success.
- 7+ years of technology, architecture and product engineering experience operating in a cross-functional, collaborative environment. Bachelor degree in a technical subject or equivalent experience required.
- 7 years technology leadership experience with subject matter expertise across managed (Ethernet, Router, PBX, LAN) and cloud (Saas, IaaS, PaaS and Desktop-aaS) services, data and IT services and portals reporting across all product lines, segments and channels. Legacy data and voice telecommunications, video, wireless, IP services, portals for service ordering, provisioning and/or maintenance is a plus.
- A passion for answering “what” and “why” questions.
- Demonstrated experience leading and writing technical telecom standards and specifications. Up to 20% allocation for standards bodies leadership and specifications development support.
- Solid understanding of technology strategy, development/management life cycle, requirements process and methodologies such as Agile, Lean and DevOps.
- Experience creating detailed project plans and managing cross-functional technical development and operational readiness testing and product launch activities.
- Strong execution, implementation and influence with an advanced technology enablement experiences.
- Strong customer and vendor/partner engagement skills with ability to effectively manage business relationships, negotiations and agreements.
- Strong personal work ethic; ability to multitask and thrive in a fast paced and changing environment with minimal direction and supervision.
- Ability to travel 30%.
This is a full time, salaried career position with an exceptional team, benefits and the ability to impact an industry!