- Sunnyvale, CA
This position can reside in either Sunnyvale, CA or Louisville, CO.
Tomorrow’s cable industry will look nothing like it does today. The world is rapidly changing with broadband moving way beyond traditional screens and devices. To keep pace with consumer demand for fully personalized content when, where and how they want it, cable must constantly exceed those demands. In fact, it must invent desire for new products long before the public even knows it can’t live without them… breakthroughs await in IP-centric technologies, smart sensors, second-screen content and more.
As CableLabs envisions the future of digital life outside the box, we pioneer and test new ideas, then collaborate to bring them to life - we drive the delivery of new technology for cable operators, validate standards for manufacturers and connect with new partners to transform the status quo. By developing technology that will carry data even faster, we serve as the catalyst for quicker innovation and richer experiences. CableLabs is at the vanguard of this revolution fueling cable's new drive with creativity and innovation. Join us in inspiring what’s next for Cable!
CableLabs is an award-winning research and development company dedicated to inventing and commercializing new technologies for networks and the services that networks can deliver.
The Strategy Team leverages the power of data and analysis to shape strategic decisions for our R&D portfolio, and often helping to shape the R&D portfolios of the cable industry. Come become a critical ingredient on the CableLabs Strategy Team.
We are seeking a Principal Strategist who will lead and conduct analyses on technologies and business opportunities. This role will allow you to apply your analytical skills with executives from around the world.
You will be responsible for leading and performing strategic analysis of consumer and business products and services in the telecommunications industry, with a focus on competitive, cost, market, and technology assessments. Your expertise should include competitive research and analysis, financial modeling, securities analysis, technology analysis, writing, and presentations.
- Adept at working with large data sets and extracting meaningful insights from them
- A strong relationship builder
- Good at using scoping tools to uncover the real problem
- Able to derive “so whats” and “now whats” from research
- Experienced at grounding the research process in hypotheses and using personal judgment to inform research recommendations
- Experienced in designing focused presentations that generate discussion and achieve specific outcomes
- Willing to travel up to 30% of your working hours.
- An MBA, and a Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Math, Operations Research, Physics, or Economics
- 8+ years’ experience in telecommunications, engineering, software, strategy, corporate development, product management, or a related field
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills, including an ability to support assertions with data, and an ability to defend explanations
- A passion for answering “why” questions
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
Nice to have:
- Experience that includes the design, deployment, management of, or operation of telecommunications products and services
This is a full time, salaried career position with an exceptional team, benefits and the ability to impact an industry!