Principal Strategist - Market Research
- Boulder, CO
Tomorrow’s cable industry will look nothing like it does today. The world is rapidly changing with broadband moving way beyond traditional screens and devices. To keep pace with consumer demand for fully personalized content when, where and how they want it, cable must constantly exceed those demands. In fact, it must invent desire for new products long before the public even knows it can’t live without them… breakthroughs await in IP-centric technologies, smart sensors, second-screen content and more.
As CableLabs envisions the future of digital life outside the box, we pioneer and test new ideas, then collaborate to bring them to life - we drive the delivery of new technology for cable operators, validate standards for manufacturers and connect with new partners to transform the status quo. By developing technology that will carry data even faster, we serve as the catalyst for quicker innovation and richer experiences. CableLabs is at the vanguard of this revolution fueling cable's new drive with creativity and innovation. Join us in inspiring what’s next for Cable!
CableLabs is an award-winning research and development company dedicated to inventing and commercializing new technologies for networks and the services that networks can deliver.
Our Strategy Team leverages the power of data and analysis to shape strategic decisions for our R&D portfolio, often helping to shape the R&D portfolios of the cable industry. Join us and become a critical ingredient on the CableLabs Strategy Team!
We are seeking a Principal Strategist who will lead and conduct market research on technologies and business opportunities. As a senior member of our Strategy Team, this role will allow you to apply your analytical skills with executives from around the world.
You will be lead and deliver primary market research projects with a focus on:
- Understanding business context
- Translating business needs into market research objectives
- Framing primary market research projects
- Hiring and managing research vendors
- Managing timelines and budgets
- Forming and communicating conclusions from market research in written documents and presentations.
Projects may include customer segmentation development, forming and performing surveys or interviews, performing conjoint and statistical analysis, assessing statistical validity and customer needs, estimating and trending customer demand, and assessing customer attitudes toward existing or potential new products.
- Experienced at grounding the research process in hypotheses and using personal judgment to inform research recommendations.
- Experienced using scoping tools to ask the right questions uncover the core issues.
- An effective researcher with the ability to collect and synthesize information that is incomplete and sometimes contradictory.
- Adept at working with large data sets and extracting meaningful insights from them.
- Able to derive “so whats” and “now whats” from research.
- A strong relationship builder across internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to build credibility with both technical and business executives who can readily relate technical and business issues.
- Experienced in designing focused presentations that generate discussion and achieve specific outcomes.
- Passionate about answering “why” questions.
- Able to travel up to 30% .
- A Masters degree in Market Research, Statistics, Mathematics, Sociology, Psychology, or Economics, or an MBA
- 10+ years’ experience performing and leading market research projects in any of the following industries: packaged goods, consumer electronics, television networks, or other major lifestyle brands
- Extensive expert knowledge of research methodologies and research tools
- Experience identifying the most meaningful patterns from across all data sources in regard to research objectives and business questions
- Experience working with executive and C-level leadership
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills, including an ability to support assertions with data, and the ability to defend explanations
- Fluency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
This is a full time, salaried career position with an exceptional team, benefits and the ability to impact an industry!