- Louisville, CO
Tomorrow’s cable industry will look nothing like it does today. The world is rapidly changing with broadband moving way beyond traditional screens and devices. To keep pace with consumer demand for fully personalized content when, where and how they want it, cable must constantly exceed those demands. In fact, it must invent desire for new products long before the public even knows it can’t live without them… breakthroughs await in IP-centric technologies, smart sensors, second-screen content and more.
As CableLabs envisions the future of digital life outside the box, we pioneer and test new ideas, then collaborate to bring them to life - we drive the delivery of new technology for cable operators, validate standards for manufacturers and connect with new partners to transform the status quo. By developing technology that will carry data even faster, we serve as the catalyst for quicker innovation and richer experiences. CableLabs is at the vanguard of this revolution fueling cable's new drive with creativity and innovation. Join us in inspiring what’s next for Cable!
Working in the CableLabs Content Technologies organization, the Principal Architect position includes leadership, planning, collaboration and technical management across a broad range of video initiatives. The candidate must be an expert in the video field, with an extensive understanding of video encoding, packaging, transport, content delivery, content protection technologies and the latest industry advancements including Set Top Boxes, Internet Protocol Gateways, hardware (video silicon & semiconductor technologies), and software (applications). The Principal Architect will be responsible for research and analysis of innovative video technology trends and their implications throughout the cable industry, architecting technical solutions, planning and leading technical projects and teams, communicating with Multiple System Operators, vendors, and other industry representatives, presenting at trade forums, and participating in relevant standards organizations and initiatives.
- Provide technical leadership for the cable industry in the area of video technology.
- Communicate with member Chief Technology Officers and senior technical staff with authority concerning video technologies and trends.
- Initiate and lead Innovation and Research and Development projects
- Present at industry events to increase CableLabs technical standing.
- Engage, as needed, in video technology related standards initiatives.
- Engineer and architect a cable centric All-Internet Protocol platform strategy that can be potentially integrated and deployed across diverse member solutions.
- Contribute to the technical and financial success of CableLabs by setting, gaining approval for and meeting personal goals, schedules and objectives while efficiently utilizing CableLabs' planning, budgeting, accounting and project management systems.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Engineering Technology or Electronics Engineering Technology.
- At least 5 years industry experience (before or after acquisition of bachelor's degree) as a Senior Designer and/or Architect with Motion Picture Experts Group based video technologies (specializing in Devices, Applications and Content) for television.
- Excellent system design and architecture skills.
- Ability to lead a working group to evolve complex interface specifications.
- Experience in presenting at industry forums and conferences.
- Strong technical writing skills. Must demonstrate ability to document software in a compact and lucid manner.
- Prior experience in successfully designing and implementing an operational All-Internet Protocol cable based architecture.
- Experience with video semiconductor technologies.
- Experience with Internet Protocol video distribution technologies.
- Willingness to travel to conferences and member visits 6-8 times per year for 2-5 days.
Salary $165,000 - $175,000 per year plus normal company benefits including health insurance. Qualified candidates should apply directly to this job ad. CableLabs offers a competitive benefits package & an excellent work environment. Visit our website at www.cablelabs.com. EOE.
This notice is being provided as a result of the filing of an application for permanent alien labor certification for the relevant job opportunity. Any person may provide documentary evidence bearing on the application to: Certifying Officer, U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration, Atlanta National Processing Center, Harris Tower, 233 Peachtree Street, N.E., Suite 410, Atlanta, Georgia 30303.