Lead Architect - IP Video Technologies
- Boulder, CO
As CableLabs envisions the future of digital life outside the box, we pioneer and test new ideas, then collaborate to bring them to life - we drive the delivery of new technology for cable operators, validate standards for manufacturers and connect with new partners to transform the status quo. By developing technology that will carry data even faster, we serve as the catalyst for quicker innovation and richer experiences. CableLabs is at the vanguard of this revolution fueling cable's new drive with creativity and innovation. Join us in inspiring what’s next for Cable!
CableLabs is seeking a Lead Architect to work in our Content Technologies team leading key video initiatives as we transition into an all-IP architecture. The ideal candidate is an expert in video bringing both legacy and IP Video expertise to the team with an extensive understanding of video encoding, packaging, transport, content delivery network, and content protection technologies, including STBs, Gateways, and applications for delivery over IP, including delivery over DOCSIS. Responsibilities will include working with the IP Video team to explore advancements in video technologies, assessing video technology developments and their implications across the cable industry, architecting technical solutions, planning and leading technical projects and teams, communicating with cable operators and other industry and vendor representatives, presenting at industry forums, and participating in relevant standards initiatives to address technical solutions for the company.
- Provide technical expertise & leadership for the cable industry in the area of IP video technology.
- Communicate with cable operator CTOs and CableLabs senior technical staff with authority concerning video technologies and trends.
- Initiate and lead innovation and R&D projects.
- Present at industry events to increase Cablelabs technical standing.
- Engage, as needed, in video technology related standards initiatives.
- Develop strategies for IP video that best suits the needs of our cable customers.
- M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 6+ years industry experience with MPEG and IP based video technologies for television.
- Extensive experience in video encoding, packaging, transport, CDN and content protection technologies;
- Experience with some of the following: STBs, Gateways, and applications for delivery over IP (including delivery over DOCSIS).
- Excellent system design and architecture skills.
- Ability to lead a working group to evolve complex architecture and interface specifications.
- Experience in presenting at industry forums.
- Experience with IP video distribution & legacy video technologies required.
- Experience participating in and/or leading standards initiatives.
- Strong technical writing skills with demonstrated ability to document software in a compact and clear manner.
- Knowledge of DOCSIS is a plus.
- Experience with video semiconductor technologies is preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 15%.
This is a full time, salaried position with an excellent working environment, benefits package and the ability to impact an entire industry!