Engineering Tech I
- Boulder, CO
As CableLabs envisions the future of digital life outside the box, we pioneer and test new ideas, then collaborate to bring them to life - we drive the delivery of new technology for cable operators, validate standards for manufacturers and connect with new partners to transform the status quo. By developing technology that will carry data even faster, we serve as the catalyst for quicker innovation and richer experiences. CableLabs is at the vanguard of this revolution fueling cable's new drive with creativity and innovation. Join us in inspiring what’s next for Cable!
The Engineering Technician I, Systems Evaluation, is responsible for executing interoperability and certification tests. This individual ensures the appropriate tests are run and documented in the proper manner to verify interoperability between devices and compliance to specifications. This individual must be comfortable in a lab environment and have strong problem solving skills.
- Execute tests and record results to verify interoperability between vendor devices and compliance to specifications.
- Learn to configure HeadEnd, Network, and Network Management equipment in support of the Certification t testing environment.
- Learn to use the test tools which are developed to test and monitor interface protocols.
- Contribute to the interoperability and certification events by providing functional support.
- Perform all company related duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of cable systems architecture, operations and procedures highly desirable.
- Experience with communications protocols, digital video systems, and RF networks highly desirable.
- Minimal related experience, up to 1 –year, required.
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal, communications and planning skills required.
- Ability to work on assignments which are semi-routine is required.
- Ability to travel 5%.