Web & Social Media Master
- Louisville, CO
As CableLabs envisions the future of digital life outside the box, we pioneer and test new ideas, then collaborate to bring them to life - we drive the delivery of new technology for cable operators, validate standards for manufacturers and connect with new partners to transform the status quo. By developing technology that will carry data even faster, we serve as the catalyst for quicker innovation and richer experiences. CableLabs is at the vanguard of this revolution fueling cable's new drive with creativity and innovation. Join us in inspiring what’s next for Cable!
At CableLabs, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our success, the success of our members, and ultimately the experience of the customers who subscribe to cable services. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences.
Our Web and Social Media Master will have product ownership responsibility of the CableLabs social media channels and web presence (www.cablelabs.com), including: website content and design, guidance policies, traffic monitoring, social media interfaces, as well as microsites for specific audiences. This individual will partner with key internal stakeholders to maintain vibrant and content rich websites and social media channels that act as critical resources for CableLabs clients, vendors and other industry stakeholders.
- Manage and update web (website, social media, blog) content to assure online relevance and viability.
- Act as the point of contact within the company for all things website related, working with web content contributors to keep our web presence vibrant and engaging.
- Create and manage social media channels: Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, etc.
- Identify and create website and social media analytics and metrics to measure website use and value, taking appropriate action based on findings.
- Plan for future website changes by identifying improvements and keeping abreast of new tools.
- Establish policies for website content and usage applicable to varied use categories and best SEO practices.
- Manage the website design look and feel on varied platforms to assure the site is mobile friendly.
- Work with IT, R&D, and other stakeholders to debug issues that arise with the website.
- Experience in internal communications and systems with website management, design, creation, and social media channel management.
- Strong content management and editing experience.
- Knowledge of web and social media tools: WordPress, including themes and plugins, Buffer, HootSuite, MailChimp, etc.
- Experience with web analytics including Google Analytics and Woopra.
- Experience successfully managing complex projects, involving multiple stakeholders, from start to finish.
- Experience successfully influencing staff at all levels within an organization.
- Experience working for complex organizations with geographically dispersed teams.
- Experience working with and managing outside contractors and agencies.
- Experience developing or contributing to internal communications strategies.
- Experience measuring effectiveness of internal communications.
- Experience advising senior managers on internal communications challenges.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong content management and editing capabilities.
- WordPress development capabilities.
- Project management skills.
- Social media usage and tools skills: Twitter, FaceBook, YouTube, LinkedIn.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience in website management, design and development, or related communication’s roles.
- Self-starter with the ability to work on one's own initiative.
- Strong diplomacy, influence and ability to work with all levels of staff.
- Cable industry background and relationships are a plus.
- Ability to travel 15%.
This is a full-time, salaried position with an excellent benefits package and the ability to influence an entire industry!.