We believe that a brand can make a new business appear to be as solid as a Fortune 500 company, or an established business look like a low-budget startup.
So, we passionately create websites, graphic design, branding, and visual marketing for clients from coast to coast. And we do it with style.
Caffeinated Communications Studio is a boutique visual marketing agency specializing in logo design and developing custom websites on the flexible and powerful WordPress platform. Caffeinated also offers a suite of services that includes graphic design, website maintenance, and more.
Want buzz? Get Caffeinated.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
We're looking to add a Wordpress developer to our team! This remote contractor position will work as needed with our creative team to build custom, responsive Wordpress websites for clients nationwide.
WE LOOK FOR THE FOLLOWING IN OUR WEB DEVELOPERS:
The Web Development role requires excellent verbal and written communications skills, working closely with clients, hosting companies, contractors, and our design team using email, Skype, project management system, and phone.
Beyond the focus of day-to-day activities, improvement of our websites as a whole is an important consideration. The Web Developer must stay current with website and search engine optimization best practices and be able to apply that knowledge. In addition, the ability to see and suggest ways to streamline and improve agency processes -we are also looking for new methods to improve our service.
Ambitious individuals thrive at Caffeinated Communications Studio. We encourage contributions from all team members, and appreciate motivation, initiative, high energy and a thorough attention to detail. Advising designers and mentoring interns will help the entire team to thrive.
We are seeking a team player who can contribute to the company culture with out-of-the-box thinking, dynamic personality, creativity, a good sense of humor, and a love of coffee puns.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Experience converting PSD files into pixel-perfect Wordpress themes
- Experience with responsive design
- Demonstrated experience with designing Wordpress sites from the ground up
- Experience with version control systems
- A thorough knowledge of hand-coding html, CSS, PHP, JavaScrip and jQuery
- Proficiency with ftp applications
- Expertise in translating designs with a good understanding of usability and attention to UX
- Excellent organization skills and strong desire to meet deadlines
- Computer access and a reliable Internet connection
IT WOULD BE AWESOME IF YOU HAD
- Experience writing and modifying plugins
- Knowledge of ecommerce platforms
- An eye for design
- Experience with OpenCart, Magento or other ecommerce system
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Development of custom Wordpress site themes
- Provide input related to website architecture and UX
- Meet deadlines or communicate delays
- Provide second-tier support for help desk team members
- Recommend changes or services that could improve website success
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Additional coding as necessarily, including Facebook applications, WordPress plugins, and email marketing templates
- Advise on technical requirements & resources for proposal development
- Basically, function as the indispensible technical right-hand for business owner and awesome boss!
You are expected to work from home with your own set-up. Local applicants who are able to meet in Seattle or the Eastside as needed will receive extra consideration.
- Post-secondary courseword or training in Computer Science or a related field
- Demonstrated experience with Wordpress website development
$25 hour to start
Please provide resume listing education, work experience, references and links to websites that you have developed.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.