Freelance WordPress Developer
- unknown, Redmond, WA
We believe that a brand can make a new business appear to be as solid as a Fortune 500 company, or an established business look like a low-budget startup.
So, we passionately create websites, graphic design, branding, and visual marketing for clients from coast to coast. And we do it with style.
Caffeinated Communications Studio is a boutique visual marketing agency specializing in logo design and developing custom websites on the flexible and powerful WordPress platform. Caffeinated also offers a suite of services that includes graphic design, website maintenance, and more.
Want buzz? Get Caffeinated.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
We're looking to add a freelance WordPress developer to our team! This remote contractor position will work as needed with our creative team to design, build and maintain custom, responsive WordPress websites for clients nationwide. A typical week could involve 5-15 hours of work.
WE LOOK FOR THE FOLLOWING IN OUR WEB DEVELOPERS:
The WordPress Developer role requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, working closely with clients, hosting companies, contractors, and our design team using email, Skype, project management system, and phone.
Beyond the focus of day-to-day activities, improvement of our websites as a whole is an important consideration. The Web Developer must stay current with website and search engine optimization best practices and be able to apply that knowledge. In addition, the ability to see and suggest ways to streamline and improve agency processes -we are also looking for new methods to improve our service.
Ambitious individuals thrive at Caffeinated Communications Studio. We encourage contributions from all team members, and appreciate motivation, initiative, high energy and a thorough attention to detail. Advising designers and mentoring interns will help the entire team to thrive.
We are seeking a team player who can contribute to the company culture with out-of-the-box thinking, dynamic personality, creativity, a good sense of humor, and a love of coffee puns.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Experience customizing WordPress themes
- Thorough knowledge of both back end and front end development
- Experience with responsive design
- Experience writing and modifying plugins
- Experience with version control systems
- Proficiency with ftp applications
- Expertise in translating designs with a good understanding of usability and attention to UX
- Excellent organization skills
- A strong desire to meet deadlines
- Computer access and a reliable Internet connection
IT WOULD BE AWESOME IF YOU HAD
- Experience converting PSD files into pixel-perfect WordPress themes
- Knowledge of ecommerce platforms
- An eye for design
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide monthly review and maintenance on client websites using InfiniteWP
- Perform necessary software & plug-in upgrades, updates, and edits
- Recommend changes or services that could improve website success
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent action
- Provide monthly activity reports for maintenance clients using InfiniteWP reporting feature
Client Website Support
- Administrate help desk software
- Track and route problems and requests, and document resolutions
- Respond to requests for technical assistance via phone or electronically
- Create and modify layout, functionality, and content on sites when requested
- Advise us on technical & resource requirements for proposal development
- Provide input related to website architecture and UX during website design process
- Additional coding as needed, including Facebook applications, WordPress themes and plugins, and email marketing templates
General Job Functions
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Meet deadlines or communicate delays
- Function as the indispensable technical right-hand for Caffeinated owner and design team
You are expected to work from home with your own set-up. Local applicants who are able to meet on the Eastside as needed will receive extra consideration.
Please provide resume, references, and examples of code.