- Bridgeport, CT, United States
At Cahoot, we are a team of rebels rewriting the rules of fulfillment. Who dream of a better solution to surviving and thriving in the new retail world of ecommerce. We are working tirelessly to imagine and build a new future of order fulfillment like the world has never seen before, and so are our network members. They see things differently, like we do. They are the true innovators and the change agents who are pushing ecommerce forward.
We came up with a solution no one imagined before, a peer-to-peer network of merchants working together to fulfill each other’s orders! Our revolutionary order fulfillment and shipping optimization cuts down the distance packages need to travel, enabling merchants to choose ground shipping while delivering orders faster. Ground shipping produces 85% less CO2 emissions and costs up to 50% less compared to air cargo, it’s a win-win for the planet and you whenever we optimize your order!
We are looking for a talented database engineer who is passionate about data, replication, and data stores of all kinds. Do you have experience in Microsoft SQL Server? Have you solved large data problems with DynamoDB, MongoDB, Google BigTable or Cassandra? If you have, and you’re looking for a position loaded with multiple technologies and interesting challenges, you may have found what you’re looking for. As the Database Developer at Cahoot, your role is to develop and maintain databases across the organization, while ensuring high levels of data availability. If you’d like to come join us, here are some items you’ll need in your toolbox:
- A forward-looking attitude that keeps you aware of the latest in database and replication technologies.
- A passion for digging deep and attacking difficult and complex problems.
- A curious nature that compels you to find creative approaches to problems where a solution seems elusive.
- A sense of ownership that drives quality in everything you do.
- A deep respect for our customers and their security requirements to keep their data safe.
- Design, develop and implement database systems based on customer requirements.
- Optimize database systems for performance efficiency.
- Prepare design specifications and functional documentations for assigned database projects.
- Perform space management and capacity planning for database systems.
- Develop database tables and dictionaries.
- Ensure data quality and integrity in databases.
- Identify any issues related to database performance and provide corrective measures.
- Create complex functions, scripts, stored procedures and triggers to support application development.
- Participate in database design and architecture to support application development projects.
- Perform data back-up and archival on regular basis.
- Test databases and perform bug fixes.
- Troubleshoot database related issues in a timely fashion.
- Develop security procedures to protect databases from unauthorized usage.
- Evaluate existing database and recommend improvements for performance efficiency.
- Develop best practices for database design and development activities.
- Must have BS or higher in Computer Science/Computer Information Systems/Computer Information Sciences
- Required: Minimum 5+ years’ experience in TSQL, SSIS, SQL Server
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
- In depth understanding of relational database design and ETL processing
- Experience working with AWS Services: DMS, SCT, RDS, Aurora, Redshift, S3, Kinesis, EC2, MSK
- Maintains a strong knowledge base of new applications, techniques, and skills
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving and follow-up skills; must be proactive and take initiative
- Professionalism and ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
We are easily accessible by public transportation and conveniently located within a 5-minute walk from the Bridgeport Metro-North train station.
We have a demanding hiring process that includes skill assessments, a practical assignment, a background check and in-person interview to help ensure that the company culture is a good fit for any new team members.
Fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
A snack filled kitchen and fridge + free lunch Fridays + monthly company happy hours + quarterly company family outings!
Fun, energetic and highly driven colleagues.
Only direct applicants need apply. No recruiters please.