Account Executive at Game-changing Startup
- Bridgeport, CT, USA
Our vision is to make ecommerce 100x more efficient. This means faster delivery to customers, a more efficient supply chain network, lower cost of operations for merchants and fewer carbon emissions for a greener planet. Visit https://cahoot.ai to watch our 2-min video.
The world has changed. Every day more store closings were announced - JC Penney, Sears and Toys ‘R’ Us, once household names, are either bankrupt or facing existential crisis. Amazon has disrupted retail. Online customers now expect FREE and FAST shipping as a result of the Amazon Prime Effect. According to the Wall Street Journal “Alongside life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, you can now add another inalienable right: two-day shipping on practically everything.” But the reality for retailers is, shipping is NOT free. It is the second biggest drain on their profits after inventory leading to record-low margins. The Cahoot team is on a mission to help online retailers improve their profit margin and competitiveness by re-writing the rules of conventional supply chain and fulfillment. This means faster delivery to customers, a more efficient supply chain network, lower cost of operations for merchants and less carbon emission for a greener planet. Our solution uses Co-opetition as the underlying business strategy to solve a problem that even the largest retailers like Walmart, Target and eBay are struggling with.Ready to put a ding in the universe? Come join us in our journey to disrupt the trillion-dollar ecommerce market in ways never imagined before!
If you embark on this exciting and trailblazing journey with Cahoot, we promise fame and fortune, but they come at a risk. If these conditions are unacceptable, please do not apply:
- It’s a grind – you’ll call 60-150 prospects a day with the hope that maybe 3-5 of them give you more than a minute of their time. You’re going to be emailing people every waking minute.
- You’ll work hard – you own your pipeline from call to contract so the harder and smarter you work, the greater the reward.
- Every day at Cahoot is a school day – our software is solving a colossal problem that’s never been solved before and hence we’re constantly navigating unchartered territory and overcoming new obstacles.
- Establish Relationships with prospective customers through sales communication, event attendance, and social media presence.
- Manage, prospect, forecast, pipeline sales activity in Salesforce maintain the expected level of successful activity.
- Continual achievement of monthly and quarterly quotas.
- Champion Cahoot’s vision for prospective clients through product demonstrations, tradeshows, market events and special initiatives.
- Gain market share while providing feedback relevant to strategy for pricing, new business acquisition, and expanding existing relationships.
What's in it for you:
- Competitive compensation and generous vacation package
- Uncapped commission structure
- Equity – you can retire young!
- Matching 401k and profit sharing plan
- High energy and growth
- Supportive executive leadership team
- 70% employer paid health insurance premium
- Fast paced environment with competing priorities.
- A snack filled kitchen and fridge + free lunch Fridays + monthly company happy hours + quarterly company family outings!
- Fun, energetic and highly driven colleagues.
- [REQUIRED] 5+ years of experience in SaaS software sales, eCommerce or Subscription Applications
- [REQUIRED] 3+ years of sales experience in the shipping logistics (3PL) and fulfillment industry. Examples of past companies include Deliverr, Flexe, ShipBob, RedStag, etc
- Self-managed and self-motivated; able to perform job requirements with minimal amount of supervision
- Possess high level of initiative
- A proven sales hunter and closer with demonstrable track record of consistent, over-achievement of quotas
- Proven ability to prospect, qualify and close your own pipeline
- Strong communication and presentation skills, ability to present proposition value of platform utilizing solution selling
- A proven ability to effectively identify and sell to owners and C-level executives, leveraging value, insight, and selling best practices
- Ability to work in a fast paced, evolving environment
- Travel: Up to 15%
We are easily accessible by public transportation and conveniently located within a 5-minute walk from the Bridgeport Metro-North train station.
We have a demanding hiring process that includes skill assessments, a practical assignment, a background check and in-person interview to help ensure that the company culture is a good fit for any new team members.
Only direct applicants need apply. No recruiters please.