- Poway, CA
Network Administrator Job Purpose: Plans, designs, supports, maintains and evaluates computer networking and telecommunication systems under general guidelines from management and stakeholders; monitoring network performance, resolving bandwidth issues, up to date with latest technologies,
Network Administrator Job Duties:
- Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor and Management on timely basis.
- Able to resolve internet bandwidth issues in a cost effective ways.
- Communicate with stakeholders promptly and keep them in the loop in case of any situations
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with all those contacted during the course of work
- Ability to manage telecommunication and data communications related to internet bandwidth
- Maintaining Hardware and Software VPN Connections
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Network Performance Tuning
- LAN / WAN Knowledge
- Network Design and Implementation
- Problem Solving
- Strategic Planning
- Quick Study
- CCNA Cisco Certified Network Administrator
- Customer Service
- Bachelor’s Degree
- MCSE Microsoft Certified Professional
- Windows 2012/2008 Server and Windows 7 Knowledge
- Windows Server and Workstation Troubleshooting and Repair
- Experience in windows Server 2008 /2012 Active directory maintenance.
- Experience in domain mirroring, site and replication
- Experience working in standard windows based client and server operating systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange 2010/2007 server deployment and migration
- Backup and restore management.
- Knowledge of Virtualization including VMWare / Hyper-V workstation and server implementation, troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of VoIP and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of Microsoft patches management using WSUS.
- Web content filtering and policy management.
- Wifi network implementation and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of H/w and S/w inventory management and implementation.
- Experience in managing switches and firewall, distribution of bandwidth in an optimized and cost effective manner
Tools used: Cases Workshop, Implicit Relationship tool, Case Control, Westlaw; Litigator databases on Westlaw.