Big Data Consultant - 8352
- San Diego, CA
6 Months Contract
I. Department Overview:
The Data & Analytics department is responsible for developing and maintaining commercial grade software products, that are in compliance and supportive of the overall architectural and product strategy. Utilizing best practices within the industry, as well as the currently defined technology stack, this department is responsible for delivering high quality, highly stable, and robust applications that perform to present and future expectations.
The Data Developer position will be responsible for the design, and development of data related solutions (databases, ETL systems, scripts, data models, reports, documentation) and procedural code supporting various products developed by D&A. The developer will create programs to maintain data integrity in the online transaction processing and data warehouse schemas. The position requires extensive hands-on experience developing data related code (SQL Server programmable objects, java, C#, ETL code) and associated code in a Linux/Windows environment.
III. Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities:
1. Understand database design principles, including normalization, denormalization, ability to read and interpret schema
2. Design, plan, and develop programs to optimally extract, transform and load data between data sources.
3. Diagnose and resolve database performance issues.
4. Maintain developed source code in the repository for all databases and keep all build programs up to date.
5. Responsible for overall development success (inclusive of peer/code reviews, adherence to corporate standards, build process guidelines, maintainability, unit tests) of the project.
IV. Position Requirements:
Education or Equivalent:
• BS in Computer Science or Information Systems.
Experience or Equivalent:
• 5+ years experience working on relational database platform with emphasis on database code development.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements: List unique knowledge, skills, or problem-solving requirements.
• Data modeling tools like ER/Studio or ERWin
• Database design skills including normalization and data warehouse design
• Strong SQL skills
• Delivery experience in Big Data related technologies Hadoop, HBase, Hive, Pig
• Strong analytical skills
• Structured troubleshooting skills
• Experience in the healthcare industry, a plus
• Microsoft SQL Server
• Hadoop 2.0 Hive/Pig/Impala/Stinger
• Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to analyze complex application and business operational issues.
Any Additional Important Information:
The Data Developer will be additionally be responsible for the following tasks:
• Ensuring appropriate and adequate unit test cases are created and enacted
• Ensuring appropriate and detailed documentation for developed modules
• Supporting data analysts
• Estimation and timely completion of tasks
• Following quality assurance processes
California Creative Solutions, Inc.
13475 Danielson Street Suite 220 | Poway CA 92064
phone: 858-435-0206 | fax: 858.683.2424