- San Diego, CA
I. Department Overview:
The Data & Analytics department is responsible for developing and maintaining commercial grade software products, that are in compliance and supportive of the overall architectural and product strategy. Utilizing best practices within the industry, as well as the currently defined technology stack, this department is responsible for delivering high quality, highly stable, and robust applications that perform to present and future expectations.
The Data Developer position will be responsible for the design and development of data related solutions (databases, ETL systems, code, scripts, data models, reports, documentation) and supporting various products developed by D&A. The position requires extensive hands-on experience developing data related code (Map Reduce, Pig, Hive, SQL Server programmable objects, Java, Python, C#, SSIS, ETL code) and associated code in a Linux/Windows environment.
III. Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities:
- Ability to design an end-to-end big data solution, including database analysis and design (conceptual/logical/physical models), data integration strategy, data quality checks, database deployments and configuration management, automated testing, maintenance, query and analytic support.
- Understand relational and non-relational database design principles, including normalization, denormalization, and ability to read and interpret source and target systems.
- Design, plan, and develop programs to perform automated extract, transform and load data between data sources when working with large data sets (TBs+ range)
- Provide documentation of requirements in the form of data models, source to target mappings, database dictionaries and detailed design documents.
- Maintain developed source code in the repository for all databases and keep all build programs up to date.
- Diagnose and resolve database performance issues.
- Responsible for overall development success (inclusive of peer/code reviews, adherence to corporate standards, build process guidelines, maintainability, unit tests) of the project.
- Work with Operations group to design and implement maintenance routines, automated monitoring solutions, backup and disaster recovery strategy.
IV. Position Requirements:
Education or Equivalent:
- BS in Computer Science or Information Systems.
Experience or Equivalent:
- 8+ years’ experience working on relational database platform with emphasis on database design, ETL and reporting in large data environments (5 TB+).
- 3+ years’ experience working with non-traditional databases. This should include experience more than one of the following systems: Hadoop, Cassandra, MongoDB, HBase, Teradata, Azure, Splunk, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements: List unique knowledge, skills, or problem-solving requirements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Production delivery experience in Big Data related technologies Hadoop, HBase, Cassandra
- Strong SQL skills
- Data modeling tools like ER/Studio or ERWin
- Strong understanding of Map Reduce and distributed file system
- Database design skills including normalization and data warehouse design
- Performance tuning and optimization
- Strong analytical skills
- Troubleshooting skills
- Experience in the healthcare industry, a plus
- Hadoop 2.0/Hive/Pig/Impala/HBase
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to analyze complex application and business operational issues.
Any Additional Important Information:
The Developer will be additionally be responsible for the following tasks:
- Ensuring appropriate and adequate unit test cases are created and enacted
- Ensuring appropriate and detailed documentation for developed modules
- Supporting data analysts
- Estimation and timely completion of tasks
- Following quality assurance processes
- Following and enhancing departmental development guidelines
California Creative Solutions, Inc.
13475 Danielson Street Suite 220 | Poway, CA 92064
Phone: 858-435-0218 | Fax: 858-683-2424