Software Application Engineer
- Sunnyvale, CA
Calxeda is revolutionizing the server industry by delivering a breakthrough in compute and power efficiency that dramatically changes the fundamentals of the Hyperscale Server Market in general, and the Big Data application space in particular.
To execute this vision requires an exceptional software team with top notch skills, creative thinking and a passion to impact the industry. As part of that team, you'll be a risk-taker, a proven technologist, and use your innovative mindset to drive future generation solutions. You won't focus on 'if', but 'how.'
Ultimately, your leadership will result in the architecture, design and development of critical features and capabilities that enable the Calxeda system solutions to deliver performance/watt/$$$ results that have never before been possible for Hadoop-based solutions. You'll work closely with strategic software partners in the Big Data solution space, as well as with early stage end users deploying Calxeda solutions.
You'll bring a lot to the table:
- Expert knowledge in Java and C/C++ application development.
- Strong systems knowledge of Linux system architecture and fundamentals.
- 5+ years of experience with Data Analytics and Large Scale Storage.
- 3+ years experience in Hadoop platform design, development and optimization.
- Demonstrated expertise in and understanding of persistent storage, coherence and Database fundamentals.
- Large scale cluster server architecture knowledge and development expertise.
- Ability to build strong technical relationships with partners and customers.
- And hey, if you have experience with the ARM architecture, even better!
Highest preference will be given to those able to demonstrate the ability to deliver well-designed, working code: a pointer to such code that you have developed is the best qualification, or ask us about some problems that let you demonstrate your prowess.
Calxeda is an Equal Opportunity Employer