MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST (ASCP)
- Boston, MA
Cambridge Biomedical is a contract laboratory service organization that works with biotechnology, pharmaceutical and reference laboratories. We specialize in custom assay development, qualification and validation. Assays are performed in our CLIA / CAP accredited laboratory. Testing capabilities include clinical trial, diagnostic, and biosafety testing. Cambridge Biomedical offers a wide variety of analytical technologies in microbiology, immunology, molecular biology and clinical chemistry including HPLC, ELISA, and RIA, Cell Based Assays, Cell Culture, RT PCR, Colorimetric Assays and Spectroscopy. We are experts at solving assay development problems.
Cambridge Biomedical is seeking a technically skilled and highly motivated Medical Technologist to perform moderate to high complexity testing of esoteric assays. As a member of our team you will be responsible for:
- Managing assigned tests by adhering to the laboratory’s standard operating procedures
- Analyzing specimens, interpreting and recording testing results, and reporting results utilizing a wide variety of technologies and instruments.
- Performing a variety of ELISAs, neutralization assays involving cell-culture development, HPLC assays, RIA assays, and Bioassays
- Participating in writing and editing standard operating procedures used in the clinical laboratory
- Managing reagent inventory and clinical laboratory equipment for assigned assays
- Participation in quality control and quality assurance activities for the clinical laboratory
Position requires a BS in chemistry, physical or biological science and/or certification from ASCP, NCCLS or equivalent medical technology organization and a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience working in a clinical CAP/CLIA/GLP laboratory. The incumbent must have:
- Experience in handling and processing of biological samples
- Knowledge of CAP/CLIA/GLP and adherence regulations
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work independently in a team environment.
- The ability to operate general laboratory equipment.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, data analysis skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask while maintaining a high degree of efficiency and accuracy
- Excellent computer skills are required and you must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel (formulas, graphs and charts).
- Experience using Laboratory Information Systems
- HPLC development experience (preferred)