- Boston, MA
Cambridge Biomedical is a contract laboratory service organization that works with biotechnology, pharmaceutical and reference laboratories. We specialize in custom assay development, qualification and validation. Assays are performed in our CLIA / CAP accredited laboratory. Testing capabilities include clinical trial, diagnostic, and biosafety testing. Cambridge Biomedical offers a wide variety of analytical technologies in microbiology, immunology, molecular biology and clinical chemistry including HPLC, ELISA, and RIA, Cell Based Assays, Cell Culture, RT PCR, Colorimetric Assays and Spectroscopy. We are experts at solving assay development problems.
Cambridge Biomedical is seeking a technically skilled Research Associate preferably with a strong background in ELISAs, PCR, Cell Culture, FACS and/or HPLC experience.
As a member of our R&D team you will be responsible for:
- Testing of assigned ELISAs
- Ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of all laboratory-related processes
- Providing technical assistance to assigned scientific/research staff
- Preparing technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analyses
- Providing high quality documentation of all clinical trial activity, including, for example, laboratory procedures and policies, adverse incidents, equipment and supply records, training records, protocol updates and quality control efforts
- Maintaining regular communication with scientists, study director and other project staff
- Adhering to all laboratory standards as defined in each written SOP and review SOPs annually
Position requires a BA/MA in Biochemistry, Immunology or other Life Sciences, or related field with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience performing assay development in a CLIA/CAP/GLP environment. Medical Technology training a plus.
- In depth knowledge of and hands-on expertise with assay development and validation.
- Experience in development and validation of small molecules and proteins and a strong background with immunoassays (ELISA, RIA, ECL).
- PCR, Cell Culture, FACS experience
- Knowledge of GLP and adherence to GLP standards
- Documented experience writing SOPs and other documents in a GLP environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, data analysis and organization skills
- Excellent computer skills are required and you must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel (formulas, graphs and charts) and PowerPoint.
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com