Business Analytics - Finance, Operations & Strategy, Senior Internal Associate
- Richmond, VA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
CapTech is a team of master builders, creators, and problem solvers who help clients grow efficient, successful businesses. We unite diverse skills and perspectives to transform how data, systems, and ingenuity enable each client to advance what’s possible in a changing world.
As perceptive partners, our U.S-based consultants find inspiration in the unknown and enjoy getting our hands dirty solving our clients’ myriad of challenges. Across industries and business goals, we fuse technical depth and analytical prowess with creative savvy to move clients forward. This drive helps each organization use technology, management, and insight to turn ideas into action. Together, we create outcomes that exceed the expected — which is one of the reasons we’ve been on the Inc. 500/5000 list for over a decade.
The Senior Associate is responsible for identifying relevant insights and compiling analytical findings that enable CapTech’s leadership to make better business decisions.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in Business, Finance or a STEM / quantitative field (economics, engineering, math, etc.).This is a key opportunity for someone who is excited to build strong relationships with our business teams and partner with them on how we can leverage data to create better outcomes. This role will require the ability to ‘roll up your sleeves’ as an individual contributor (account profitability, investments, key trends, variance analysis, etc.) as well as partner with our leaders to solve business problems.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Tasks):
·Regular monitoring of key drivers of the business, with identification and impact of recent trends on company performance and goals
·Deeper analysis and predictive modeling on business opportunities
·Identify ways to optimize our business against several company-level KPIs
·Communicate and transfer all relevant knowledge to decision makers
·Creation of new business, operational and/or financial reports and forecasting tools
Essential Skills and Abilities (Competencies)
·Passion and intellectual curiosity with data
·Proficiency with spreadsheets (Excel, Google Sheets, etc.) and business intelligence (Tableau, Power BI, etc.) visualization tools to generate insights
·Ability to organize thoughts and clearly communicate ideas across levels and channels (verbally, in writing, in person, etc.), specifically the ability to create actionable insights and use Story Telling
·Results-centric and driven to provide meaningful insights
·Demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work
·The ideal candidate will exhibit our core values: Flexibility, Servant Leadership, Intellectual Curiosity, Enthusiasm and Trusted Advisor
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business, or a Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics discipline
- Minimum 2 years of experience with strong financial and analytical skills
- Must be comfortable with modeling data from multiple sources
- High level of integrity and confidentiality with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation
- Prior experience in Business, Operations or Finance
- Experience building business, operational and/or financial reports
- Exposure to Workday HCM and/or Finance Tenants
We want everyone at CapTech to be able to envision a lasting and rewarding career here, which is why we offer a variety of career paths based on your skills and passions. You decide where and how you want to develop, and we help get you there with customizable career progression and a comprehensive benefits package to support you along the way. Alongside our suite of traditional benefits encompassing generous PTO, health coverage, disability insurance, paid family leave and more, we’ve launched extended benefits to help meet our employees’ needs.
· CapFlex – Employee-first mentality that supports a remote and hybrid workforce and empowers daily flexibility while servicing our clients
· Learning & Development – Programs offering certification and tuition support, digital on-demand learning courses, mentorship, and skill development paths
· Modern Health –A mental health and well-being platform that provides 1:1 care, group support sessions, and self-serve resources to support employees and their families through life’s ups and downs
· Carrot Fertility –Inclusive fertility and family-forming coverage for all paths to parenthood – including adoption, surrogacy, fertility treatments, pregnancy, and more – and opportunities for employer-sponsored funds to help pay for care
· Fringe –A company paid stipend program for personalized lifestyle benefits, allowing employees to choose benefits that matter most to them – ranging from vendors like Netflix, Spotify, and GrubHub to services like student loan repayment, travel, fitness, and more
· Employee Resource Groups – Employee-led committees that embrace and incorporate diversity and inclusion into our day-to-day operations
· Philanthropic Partnerships – Opportunities to engage in partnerships and pro-bono projects that support our communities.
· 401(k) Matching – Generous matching and no vesting period to help you continue to build financial wellness
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culture of equality, inclusion and fairness — each foundational to our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to the workplace. For more information about our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging efforts, click HERE.
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.