- Tysons, VA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
CapTech is a team of master builders, creators, and problem solvers who help clients grow efficient, successful businesses. We unite diverse skills and perspectives to transform how data, systems, and ingenuity enable each client to advance what’s possible in a changing world.
As perceptive partners, our U.S-based consultants find inspiration in the unknown and enjoy getting our hands dirty solving our clients’ myriad of challenges. Across industries and business goals, we fuse technical depth and analytical prowess with creative savvy to move clients forward. This drive helps each organization use technology, management, and insight to turn ideas into action. Together, we create outcomes that exceed the expected — which is one of the reasons we’ve been on the Inc. 500/5000 list for over a decade.
CapTech’s Customer Experience (CX) team seeks an Interaction Designer with a drive for creating intuitive, impactful, and accessible digital experiences. Our Interaction Designers are passionate problem solvers who strive to create elegant solutions to complex business challenges, all while honing their craft and growing in their career. They stay up to date with the latest tools and methods for designing digital products and services, and they approach additional training in these areas with curiosity and enthusiasm
This could be the position for you if:
· You have a solid understanding of information architecture, task flows, user interface and interaction design, wireframing, and prototyping.
· You are a self-motivated and strategic product thinker, with the desire to provide highly innovative ideas for all your engagements.
· You thrive in an environment that requires strong problem-solving skills.
· You enjoy collaborating with other Interaction Designers, Researchers, Developers, and Analysts.
· You have a proven ability to meet tight deadlines, with supervision, in a fast-paced and innovative environment.
Responsibilities may include:
· Contributing to and creating information architectures, task flows, wireframes, and prototypes that follow interaction design and usability best practices
· Creating clean, informative, and concise presentations to clients and internal teams that communicate the rationale behind your designs
· Consulting with clients and team members on the benefits of research-backed user experience and interaction design
· Keeping up with interaction design trends and applying them to your recommendations
· Researching and understanding technology trend
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to create clean, detailed, deliverables with high production value; e.g., flows, wireframes, prototypes, presentations
· Strong conceptual and visual communication skills
· Working knowledge of Agile product development lifecycles and practices is a plus
· Familiarity with accessibility principles and assessment methods is a plus
· Proficiency in tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision, and Axure
· 1-3 years professional experience
· 4-year+ degree, BA or BS in Design, Information Science, HCI, or Psychology
Please include a link to your online portfolio with your application in order to be considered
We want everyone at CapTech to be able to envision a lasting and rewarding career here, which is why we offer a variety of career paths based on your skills and passions. You decide where and how you want to develop, and we help get you there with customizable career progression and a comprehensive benefits package to support you along the way. Alongside our suite of traditional benefits encompassing generous PTO, health coverage, disability insurance, paid family leave and more, we’ve launched extended benefits to help meet our employees’ needs.
- CapFlex – Employee-first mentality that supports a remote and hybrid workforce and empowers daily flexibility while servicing our clients
- Learning & Development – Programs offering certification and tuition support, digital on-demand learning courses, mentorship, and skill development paths
- Modern Health –A mental health and well-being platform that provides 1:1 care, group support sessions, and self-serve resources to support employees and their families through life’s ups and downs
- Carrot Fertility –Inclusive fertility and family-forming coverage for all paths to parenthood – including adoption, surrogacy, fertility treatments, pregnancy, and more – and opportunities for employer-sponsored funds to help pay for care
- Fringe –A company paid stipend program for personalized lifestyle benefits, allowing employees to choose benefits that matter most to them – ranging from vendors like Netflix, Spotify, and GrubHub to services like student loan repayment, travel, fitness, and more
- Employee Resource Groups – Employee-led committees that embrace and incorporate diversity and inclusion into our day-to-day operations
- Philanthropic Partnerships – Opportunities to engage in partnerships and pro-bono projects that support our communities.
- 401(k) Matching – Generous matching and no vesting period to help you continue to build financial wellness
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culture of equality, inclusion and fairness — each foundational to our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to the workplace. For more information about our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging efforts, click HERE.
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.