Data Engineer, Power BI
- Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
CapTech is a team of master builders, creators, and problem solvers who help clients grow efficient, successful businesses. We unite diverse skills and perspectives to transform how data, systems, and ingenuity enable each client to advance what’s possible in a changing world.
As perceptive partners, our U.S-based consultants find inspiration in the unknown and enjoy getting our hands dirty solving our clients’ myriad of challenges. Across industries and business goals, we fuse technical depth and analytical prowess with creative savvy to move clients forward. This drive helps each organization use technology, management, and insight to turn ideas into action. Together, we create outcomes that exceed the expected — which is one of the reasons we’ve been on the Inc. 500/5000 list for over a decade.
The Data Engineer, Analytics role falls within the internal IT Operations area at CapTech, through which our IT team provides services to our employees, corporate functions, and practice areas in an effort to help them deliver lasting and mission-critical information capabilities to our clients. By partnering with our employees and staff, the IT function helps the organization make better decisions by providing the right data at the right time.
Specific responsibilities for the Data Engineer, Analytics position include:
- Design, develop, document, and test advanced data systems that bring together data from disparate sources, making it available to our consultants and other users using scripting and/or programming languages.
- Evaluate structured and unstructured datasets utilizing statistics, data mining, and predictive analytics to gain additional business insights.
- Design, develop, and implement data processing pipelines at scale.
- Present programming documentation and design to team members and convey complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Extract data from multiple sources, integrate disparate data into a common data model, and integrate data into a target database, application, or file using efficient programming processes.
- Write and refine code to ensure performance and reliability of data extraction and processing.
- Communicate with all levels of stakeholders as appropriate, including executives, data modelers, application developers, business users, and customers.
- Participate in requirements gathering sessions with our practice areas and other technical staff to distill technical requirements from business requests.
- Partner with our internal clients to fully understand business goals and strategies; recommend process improvements to increase efficiency and reliability in ETL development.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance resources to debug code and ensure the timely delivery of products.
Specific qualifications for the Data Engineer, Analytics position include:
- Development experience with Power BI
- Experience with Azure Data Factory
- Development experience building ETL graphs using the Ab Initio GDE, EME and Co-Operating system
- Strong SQL development skills
- Development experience with at least two different programming languages (Python, Java, C, etc.)
- Development experience with Unix tools and shell scripts
- Development experience with different database platforms (Teradata, Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL, etc.)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience designing, developing, and testing software aligned with defined requirements
- Experience tuning SQL queries to ensure performance and reliability
- Software engineering best-practices, including version control (Git, TFS, JIRA, etc.) and test driven development
- Exposure to Business Intelligence tools such as Business Objects, Informatica, SSRS, Cognos, MicroStrategy, Tableau, QlikView, SpotFire, etc.
We want everyone at CapTech to be able to envision a lasting and rewarding career here, which is why we offer a variety of career paths based on your skills and passions. You decide where and how you want to develop, and we help get you there with customizable career progression and a comprehensive benefits package to support you along the way. Alongside our suite of traditional benefits encompassing generous PTO, health coverage, disability insurance, paid family leave and more, we’ve launched extended benefits to help meet our employees’ needs.
· CapFlex – Employee-first mentality that supports a remote and hybrid workforce and empowers daily flexibility while servicing our clients
· Learning & Development – Programs offering certification and tuition support, digital on-demand learning courses, mentorship, and skill development paths
· Modern Health –A mental health and well-being platform that provides 1:1 care, group support sessions, and self-serve resources to support employees and their families through life’s ups and downs
· Carrot Fertility –Inclusive fertility and family-forming coverage for all paths to parenthood – including adoption, surrogacy, fertility treatments, pregnancy, and more – and opportunities for employer-sponsored funds to help pay for care
· Fringe –A company paid stipend program for personalized lifestyle benefits, allowing employees to choose benefits that matter most to them – ranging from vendors like Netflix, Spotify, and GrubHub to services like student loan repayment, travel, fitness, and more
· Employee Resource Groups – Employee-led committees that embrace and incorporate diversity and inclusion into our day-to-day operations
· Philanthropic Partnerships – Opportunities to engage in partnerships and pro-bono projects that support our communities.
· 401(k) Matching – Generous matching and no vesting period to help you continue to build financial wellness
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culture of equality, inclusion and fairness — each foundational to our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to the workplace. For more information about our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging efforts, click HERE.
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.