Art Director, Digital
- Richmond, VA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
CapTech is a team of master builders, creators, and problem solvers who help clients grow efficient, successful businesses. We unite diverse skills and perspectives to transform how data, systems, and ingenuity enable each client to advance what’s possible in a changing world.
As perceptive partners, our U.S-based consultants find inspiration in the unknown and enjoy getting our hands dirty solving our clients’ myriad of challenges. Across industries and business goals, we fuse technical depth and analytical prowess with creative savvy to move clients forward. This drive helps each organization use technology, management, and insight to turn ideas into action. Together, we create outcomes that exceed the expected — which is one of the reasons we’ve been on the Inc. 500/5000 list for over a decade.
CapTech’s Customer Experience (CX) team seeks an Art Director with a track record of designing intuitive, impactful, and accessible brand experiences. Our designers are passionate problem-solvers who strive to create elegant and attractive solutions to complex business challenges, honing their craft as they grow their careers. They stay current with evolving methods for designing engaging products and services, and they approach training in these areas with curiosity and enthusiasm. In addition, our Art Directors mentor other designers, overseeing their work to ensure successful delivery.
This could be the position for you if:
- You possess strong conceptual and visual communication skills, have expert understanding of interaction design and graphic design principles, and can span multiple simultaneous projects.
- You are a strategic, brand oriented experience designer, with the desire to provide innovative solutions for all your engagements.
- You are comfortable working within brand guidelines but also extending and enhancing the design language as needed to create more engaging and accessible designs.
- You are a confident self-starter, yet able to take feedback from clients and direction from ACDs and Creative Directors with humility, all while collaborating closely with project teams.
- You have pixel-level attention to detail and the ability to uphold and deliver work at the highest standards of quality
- Collaborating on the creating of personas, customer journeys, conceptual prototypes, and responsive interfaces that follow interaction design and usability best practices
- Producing clean, informative, and concise presentations to clients and internal teams that communicate the rationale behind your designs
- Advocating the benefits of accessible experience and visual design with clients and team members
- Performing competitive brand assessments and providing innovative alternatives, as well as researching and understanding design and technology trends.
- Presents and articulates creative solutions to internal teams and clients with confidence. Leads brainstorming sessions. Comfortable discussing scope and level of effort (LOE) with senior creative team members and account team members.
- Volunteering for CX leadership opportunities, including contributing to methodologies, capabilities, approaches, and toolset. Attending and leading CX meetings and trainings. Engages in professional development and industry involvement.
- Proactively seeks to mentor others about design. Provides design oversight and art direction for visual and interaction designers.
Skills and experience desired:
- Proven written, verbal, conceptual, and visual communication skills
- Skilled with tools such as Sketch or Figma, Adobe CS (XD, Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign), InVision, and PowerPoint (for presentations)
- Experience with video editing, motion design, and designing for AR/VR are pluses
- Working knowledge of Agile product development lifecycles and practices is a plus
- Designing according to WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) standards and other accessibility best practices
- Incorporating accessibility requirements into design documents and specifications
- 5+ years professional experience, ideally in a consulting or agency context
- 4-year+ degree in design, fine arts, or similar preferred
Please include a link to your online portfolio with your application in order to be considered
We want everyone at CapTech to be able to envision a lasting and rewarding career here, which is why we offer a variety of career paths based on your skills and passions. You decide where and how you want to develop, and we help get you there with customizable career progression and a comprehensive benefits package to support you along the way. Alongside our suite of traditional benefits encompassing generous PTO, health coverage, disability insurance, paid family leave and more, we’ve launched extended benefits to help meet our employees’ needs.
- CapFlex – Employee-first mentality that supports a remote and hybrid workforce and empowers daily flexibility while servicing our clients
- Learning & Development – Programs offering certification and tuition support, digital on-demand learning courses, mentorship, and skill development paths
- Modern Health –A mental health and well-being platform that provides 1:1 care, group support sessions, and self-serve resources to support employees and their families through life’s ups and downs
- Carrot Fertility –Inclusive fertility and family-forming coverage for all paths to parenthood – including adoption, surrogacy, fertility treatments, pregnancy, and more – and opportunities for employer-sponsored funds to help pay for care
- Fringe –A company paid stipend program for personalized lifestyle benefits, allowing employees to choose benefits that matter most to them – ranging from vendors like Netflix, Spotify, and GrubHub to services like student loan repayment, travel, fitness, and more
- Employee Resource Groups – Employee-led committees that embrace and incorporate diversity and inclusion into our day-to-day operations
- Philanthropic Partnerships – Opportunities to engage in partnerships and pro-bono projects that support our communities.
- 401(k) Matching – Generous matching and no vesting period to help you continue to build financial wellness
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culture of equality, inclusion and fairness — each foundational to our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to the workplace. For more information about our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging efforts, click HERE. As part of this commitment, CapTech will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Laura Massa directly via email [email protected]
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.