Sr. Business Transformation Consultant
CapTech is an award-winning consulting firm that collaborates with clients to achieve what’s possible through the power of technology. At CapTech, we’re passionate about the work we do and the results we achieve for our clients. From the outset, our founders shared a collective passion to create a consultancy centered on strong relationships that would stand the test of time. Today we work alongside clients that include Fortune 100 companies, mid-sized enterprises, and government agencies, a list that spans across the country. Learn more at captechconsulting.com.
Senior Business Transformation Consultant at CapTech work side-by-side with key business and technical stakeholders to lead and manage business process improvement projects. Our Business Transformation Consultants are also able to function as Process Engineers and Business System Analysts who work with client stakeholders to elicit solution requirements, drive the solution design, and ensure the finished product meets the needs of the business. Our Business Transformation Consultants engage in diverse projects, encompassing the analysis and enhancement of processes and essential technologies utilized across various domains including critical business applications, mobile and content management systems, as well as large integration and modernization efforts spanning multiple lines of business. Business Transformation Consultants at CapTech bridge the gap between business and technology to ensure solutions provide the value the business needs as well as being scalable and maintainable to support the ever-changing needs of the organization. Business Transformation Consultants are called upon to provide leadership through experience and help shape the strategy of our clients.
Specific responsibilities for the Senior Business Transformation Consultant position include:
- Quickly become familiar with client business challenges and technologies in order to act as a SME and trusted advisor to client stakeholders.
- Ability to lead and drive process improvement projects that include improvements to processes as well as the tools that facilitate those processes.
- Analyze processes to identify waste and improvement opportunities, as well as provide strategic recommendations to overcome current state challenges and capitalize on improvement opportunities.
- Act as key player in a team environment through all phases of the system delivery lifecycle.
- Assist the technical team in solution design including data modeling, interface design, and state transition definition.
- Analyze data to understand the current state data structures and quality and how the data might impact the business objectives of the client.
- Provide connection between technical and business views to ensure that high quality and impactful solutions are delivered for our clients.
- Evaluate the current state of an organization and work with the client to define the desired future state.
- Perform gap analysis to identify capability gaps within the organization and propose and evaluate alternative solutions that will fulfill the business needs.
- Coordinate integration and user acceptance testing activities.
- Work with client stakeholders to understand high level business needs and elicit detailed requirements using various methods.
Specific qualifications for the Business Transformation Consultant position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, MIS or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Six Sigma certification, Certified Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
- Demonstrated progression and growth as a Process Engineer through past career experiences with a minimum of 3 years of experience on IT-related projects.
- Familiarity with multi-system integration and common issues that can arise when integrating enterprise technologies.
- Experience creating sequence, data flow, and process flow diagrams that visualize the future state.
- Awareness of object-oriented development practices and the ability to define objects within an organization and individual processes.
- Understanding of modern IT architecture solutions (Cloud, APIs, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills leveraged to interface with senior business leadership and technical resources.
- Ability to write and perform basic SQL queries required.
- Software development work or education experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite as well as agile project management software (e.g. JIRA).
- Prior consulting experience preferred.
We want everyone at CapTech to be able to envision a lasting and rewarding career here, which is why we offer a variety of career paths based on your skills and passions. You decide where and how you want to develop, and we help get you there with customizable career progression and a comprehensive benefits package to support you along the way. Alongside our suite of traditional benefits encompassing generous PTO, health coverage, disability insurance, paid family leave and more, we’ve launched extended benefits to help meet our employees’ needs.
· CapFlex – Employee-first mentality that supports a remote and hybrid workforce and empowers daily flexibility while servicing our clients
· Learning & Development – Programs offering certification and tuition support, digital on-demand learning courses, mentorship, and skill development paths
· Modern Health –A mental health and well-being platform that provides 1:1 care, group support sessions, and self-serve resources to support employees and their families through life’s ups and downs
· Carrot Fertility –Inclusive fertility and family-forming coverage for all paths to parenthood – including adoption, surrogacy, fertility treatments, pregnancy, and more – and opportunities for employer-sponsored funds to help pay for care
· Fringe –A company paid stipend program for personalized lifestyle benefits, allowing employees to choose benefits that matter most to them – ranging from vendors like Netflix, Spotify, and GrubHub to services like student loan repayment, travel, fitness, and more
· Employee Resource Groups – Employee-led committees that embrace and incorporate diversity and inclusion into our day-to-day operations
· Philanthropic Partnerships – Opportunities to engage in partnerships and pro-bono projects that support our communities.
· 401(k) Matching – Generous matching and no vesting period to help you continue to build financial wellness
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culture of equality, inclusion and fairness — each foundational to our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to the workplace. For more information about our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging efforts, click HERE.
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.