Inclusive Design Manager
CapTech is an award-winning consulting firm that collaborates with clients to achieve what’s possible through the power of technology. At CapTech, we’re passionate about the work we do and the results we achieve for our clients. From the outset, our founders shared a collective passion to create a consultancy centered on strong relationships that would stand the test of time. Today we work alongside clients that include Fortune 100 companies, mid-sized enterprises, and government agencies, a list that spans across the country.
CapTech’s Customer Experience (CX) team seeks an Inclusive Design Manager with a proven track record of creating sophisticated and usable digital interfaces to join our ever-growing team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in UX, Interaction design and/or Visual Design paired with an expert understanding of Accessibility best practices including deep familiarity with WCAG – demonstrated through CPACC, WAS, or CPWA certification.
As an Inclusive Design Manager, you’ll actively engage as a member of the Customer Experience practice area collaborating across teams to design and develop innovative and accessible solutions that ensure our digital products are usable by people across a wide spectrum of ability. You will design, contribute to, test and review projects, providing actionable feedback and advice on accessibility improvements. You will also be actively involved in raising awareness for the importance of accessibility throughout the organization. Your role is to facilitate the implementation of accessible solutions and normalize inclusive design in our work.
Responsibilities may include:
- Crafting innovative information architectures, task flows, wireframes, prototypes or visual designs that follow interaction design and accessibility best practices
- Creating clean, informative, and concise presentations for clients and internal teams that communicate the rationale behind designs
- Leading advanced activities such as design workshops, rapid prototyping, and iterative user testing
- Reviewing designs for accessibility best practices and collaborating directly with designers to identify and implement accessibility improvements
- Providing oversight and direction for UX Analysts and Interaction Designers prior to review with Creative Director/UX Director and/or clients
- Annotating design documents with important accessibility requirements
- Conducting thorough accessibility testing of websites and apps using both automated tools and manual testing methods
- Developing accessibility reports following standard formats such as VPAT or WCAG -EM
- Providing training and recommendations for clients and team members regarding user experience, inclusive design and digital accessibility
- Advocating for and spreading awareness of accessibility across the company and with our clients
- Working with internal teams to develop solutions for the implementation of accessibility best practices and inclusive design within CapTech’s workplace
- Building and maintaining various accessibility-focused documentation and toolkits available to all employees
- Supporting tracking and reporting on accessibility-related task progress across projects
- Collaborating with project and department leadership to plan roadmaps and assign tasks associated with the implementation and testing of accessibility in our work
- Staying up-to-date and informed on industry benchmarks, best practices, legal requirements and accessibility studies
- Proven written, verbal, conceptual and visual communication skills
- High-level understanding of technologies with the ability to weave that understanding together to make informed decisions
- Ability to create and present to internal teams and clients clean, detailed deliverables with high production value
- Ability to work on multiple projects and deliver on time
- Expert understanding of usability principles and accessibility heuristics
- Advanced proficiency in design and prototyping tools such as Figma, InVision and Sketch
- Advanced knowledge of WCAG and other accessibility guidelines and standards
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and front-end development concepts
- Working knowledge of manual and automated accessibility review methodologies, using keyboard-only, screen readers, or tools such as Axe or WAVE
- Proven track record of raising awareness and developing accessibility solutions in previous roles
- 5+ years professional experience in the design industry
- 4 year+ degree in Design, HCI, Information Sciences, Psychology, Computer Science or other relevant field of study
- 2+ years professional experience in an Accessibility-focused role
- CPACC or WAS Certification
We want everyone at CapTech to be able to envision a lasting and rewarding career here, which is why we offer a variety of career paths based on your skills and passions. You decide where and how you want to develop, and we help get you there with customizable career progression and a comprehensive benefits package to support you along the way. Alongside our suite of traditional benefits encompassing generous PTO, health coverage, disability insurance, paid family leave and more, we’ve launched extended benefits to help meet our employees’ needs.
- CapFlex – Employee-first mentality that supports a remote and hybrid workforce and empowers daily flexibility while servicing our clients
- Learning & Development – Programs offering certification and tuition support, digital on-demand learning courses, mentorship, and skill development paths
- Modern Health –A mental health and well-being platform that provides 1:1 care, group support sessions, and self-serve resources to support employees and their families through life’s ups and downs
- Carrot Fertility –Inclusive fertility and family-forming coverage for all paths to parenthood – including adoption, surrogacy, fertility treatments, pregnancy, and more – and opportunities for employer-sponsored funds to help pay for care
- Fringe –A company paid stipend program for personalized lifestyle benefits, allowing employees to choose benefits that matter most to them – ranging from vendors like Netflix, Spotify, and GrubHub to services like student loan repayment, travel, fitness, and more
- Employee Resource Groups – Employee-led committees that embrace and incorporate diversity and inclusion into our day-to-day operations
- Philanthropic Partnerships – Opportunities to engage in partnerships and pro-bono projects that support our communities.
- 401(k) Matching – Generous matching and no vesting period to help you continue to build financial wellness
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culture of equality, inclusion and fairness — each foundational to our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to the workplace. For more information about our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging efforts, click HERE. As part of this commitment, CapTech will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Laura Massa directly via email [email protected].
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.