Data Engineer, Analytics
CapTech is an award-winning national management technology-consulting firm with an enterprising, entrepreneurial environment. We have achieved four straight years ranked in the Top 10 of Consulting Magazine’s Best Firms to Work For, including a #5 ranking overall in 2015. Additionally, we placed 28th within the Vault Consulting 50 for the second year in a row, including a #5 ranking in work/life balance.
At CapTech you’ll experience a flat organizational structure with access to constant learning -- where your career path isn’t set in stone, and you have unlimited potential for growth. CapTech is based upon a culture of mutual respect. We look for, and hire the best. The creatively innovative, the technically insightful, the driven, the self-managed, the value conscious, the caring, and the gracious person – these are all qualities that we look for along with a love and a passion for the work that we do.
The Data Engineer, Analytics role falls into the Data Management & Business Intelligence practice area at CapTech, through which our consultants provide a broad spectrum of services to help our clients define and implement a strategy to deliver lasting and mission-critical information capabilities. Our Data Integration consultants bridge the gap between the business and IT side of companies. By partnering with clients to fully understand both their business philosophy and IT strategy, CapTech consultants maintain the vision that data integration should be built to help the organization make better decisions by providing the right data at the right time.
Specific responsibilities for the Data Integration Developer - ETL position include:
- Design, develop, document, and test ETL solutions using industry standard tools.
- Participate in requirements gathering sessions with business and technical staff to distill technical requirements from business requests.
- Partner with clients to fully understand business philosophy and IT Strategy; recommend process improvements to increase efficiency and reliability in ETL development.
- Present ETL documentation and designs to team members and convey complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Extract data from multiple sources, integrate disparate data into a common data model, and integrate data into a target database, application, or file using efficient ETL processes.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance resources to debug ETL development and ensure the timely delivery of products.
Specific qualifications for the Data Engineer, Analytics position include:
- Development experience with at least two different database platforms, such as Teradata, Oracle, or MS SQL.
- Minimum of 5 years experience designing, developing, and testing ETL interfaces aligned with defined requirements.
- Exposure to Business Intelligence tools such as Business Objects, Informatica, SSRS, Cognos, MicroStrategy, Tableau, QlikView, SpotFire, etc.
- Experience tuning ETL processes to ensure performance and reliability.
- MDM experience.
- Strong SQL skills.
We offer challenging and impactful jobs with professional career paths. All CapTechers can keep their hands on technology no matter what position they hold. Our employees find their work exciting and rewarding in a culture that filled with opportunities to have fun along the way.
At CapTech we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary with performance based bonus opportunities
- Single and Family Health Insurance plans, including Dental coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Training and Certification opportunities eligible for expense reimbursement
- Team building and social activities
- Mentor program to help you develop your career
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer.
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer.
CapTech is a Drug-Free work place.
Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech’s client locations.
All positions include the possibility of travel.