Commercial Loan Underwriter
- 99 High Street, 7th Floor, Boston, MA
Capital Crossing is an industry leading underwriter, investor and servicer of commercial real estate and small business loans. Since 1987, with a disciplined approach, the company has purchased and managed more than $3 billion in assets nationwide, both for its own account and for its strategic partners. It has built its business model and reputation on a strong central core – its people. Our culture is one of teamwork, trust, respect and commitment, and we are always looking for people who are highly motivated and stand out from their peers
We are looking for a seasoned commercial loan professional with acquisition due diligence experience in all loan types. This individual will be part of a dynamic and entrepreneurial loan acquisitions and consulting team. Working closely with senior real estate and other credit underwriters, the ideal candidate will underwrite individual commercial loans, both real estate and commercial & industrial in nature, as well as supervise the evaluation of multiple assets within portfolios targeted for acquisition.
- Evaluating loan pool acquisition opportunities
- Interfacing with brokers, direct/indirect loan sellers and third-party investment partners
- Reviewing loan files and examining loan documents for completeness
- Analyzing and spreading financial statements and gathering credit information
- Researching and analyzing pertinent market data
- Performing collateral valuation
- Identifying and evaluating risk associated with all aspects of commercial loan investment opportunities
- Creating and/or utilizing financial models for investment valuation
- Preparing cash flows on potential acquisitions
- Completing detailed investment analyses and evaluations for investment presentations
- Presenting underwriting and investment recommendations to investment committees
- Coordinating final due diligence to prepare acquisitions for closing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or Economics required.
- 5+ years of direct experience underwriting all types of commercial loans for investment, with a specialization in either commercial real estate, commercial and industrial lending and/or commercial loan workout
- Experience will include credit analysis, asset management, investment sales, and both lending and workout experience
- Strong analytical skills and experience in financial analysis and ability to model complex transactions in Excel (including development of financial projections and NPV modeling)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task and self-manage
- Travel may be required for the position.
- Formal bank credit training is desirable
Capital Crossing offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Capital Crossing Servicing Company LLC an Equal Opportunity Employer