- San Francisco, CA
CarBuzz is the Buzzfeed of automotive news. With more than 10,000,000 monthly unique visitors to our website and our Editor’s Choice iOS and Android apps, we’re where motorheads come for their daily fix of car news, editorials, features and videos.
We’re looking for college students who know cars and have a way with words to fill our summer editorial internship program. This is your chance to start a career in automotive journalism.
This is an online internship.
Editorial interns will receive hands-on experience in automotive writing. You’ll be creating articles from the ground up. You’ll be researching and writing content, structuring posts, editing pictures and more.
You'll start in June and end in the middle of August. You’ll be expected to commit 15 hours per week, most of which will be spent writing content.
Course credit is offered, as is a monthly stipend that will be paid out at the end of the program. Yes, this is a paid internship!
The Ideal Candidate:
- You love all things automotive. Supercars, industry news, forums, drag racing videos—you’re all over that and more.
- Ideally your major is in communications, journalism, English or creative writing. Essentially, your major requires writing skills.
- You are a writer. You don’t need to have extensive experience or a massive portfolio, but you do need to know how to write and should love telling stories and putting your ideas down on the page.
- You are self-motivated. It will be up to you to open your laptop and start working. If you only work when someone is watching then this isn’t the internship for you.
- You are a good communicator. Yes, every job asks for this but a virtual editorial internship demands it. Not only will you have to communicate stories to readers but you’ll also need to be able to ask for help when needed.
If you’d like to intern at CarBuzz please respond with your resume, a brief cover letter detailing your writing experience and love for cars and any writing samples you may have. For writing samples you can send hard copies (Word docs or pdfs) or links.
We aim to begin interviews soon, so don’t wait to apply!